“Slow service and terrible food”
Review of Mikeska's Bar-B-Q

Mikeska's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Columbus
“Slow service and terrible food”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

The decor at the restaurant was unique, however the food and service was not. When we arrived it was rather low. We thought we would get our food quickly and get back on the road, however it took at least 15 minutes to get our food. The BBQ sauce is spicy, the baked potato meat was watery and tasteless.

Libertyville, Illinois
“Good Bar-B-Q”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I live in the Burbs of Chicagoland where folks think Bar-B-Q is pulled pork on a sandwich bun with Kraft BBQ sauce which has been formulated by some chemist somewhere. I used to live in Houston and always enjoyed stopping here on the way to San Antone. I like Mikeska's and it beats what passes for BBQ up here in the frozen wastelands. My meal this week was very good.

Visited December 2013
USA
“Not as good as last time”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We last reviewed this restaurant in September 2011. We've been back a couple of times, most recently on August 9, 2013. While our first visit was very good, we've been been increasingly less enthusiastic on each subsequent trip. On our first visit, the owner was on-site and the staff was friendly and and courteous. The food portions were generous and well prepared. While the food is still good (not great), it just doesn't reach the same level that we initially experience. The staff were polite, but gave me the feeling that they would rather be working elsewhere.
The place is still clean and the food is good (average) but it isn't worth going out of your way to visit the place.

• Visited August 2013
Riverside, CA
“Great ribs, interesting decor”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

On a drive from Austin to Houston I had a need for BBQ, so I stopped at a place called Mikeska's and ordered the ribs. Although I was underwhelmed by the sauce, the ribs themselves were great - meaty and flavorful. The sides were good, too, and I washed the whole lot down with a $2.50 beer. What's not to like? Then there was the interior decor...

• Visited August 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
“Roaches on the Moose”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was quite awhile ago that I took my family to this joint. Bad food and live roaches on the Taxidermy.

• Visited June 2012