“Stumbled in...”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Columbus
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We wrecked our car on I10 about 5 miles east of this location. We just happened upon it. Facilities were very nice, staff friendly. The pool is also very nice. Location is excellent as we were within walking distance to a more than a couple of eating choices. This La Quinta was a perfect cap to a stressfull evening. Bonus points for having an Enterprise nearby as we can easily pick up our rental car in the morning. Our stay isn't even over yet but as far as I am concerned you have easily earned a 5 star rating from me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Ellen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for the review. I am sorry to hear that you were involved in a wreck, but I am very happy to hear your stay with us made the situation a little better. We look forward to seeing you again when traveling through Columbus.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here two nights in July 2013. I chose the hotel based on the excellent reviews it had in Tripadvisor. I am glad I did as we had an excellent experience. The entire hotel was spotlessly clean. The room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable. I booked an ADA accessible room as my disabled mother was traveling with me. The bathroom had all necessary fixtures to meet her needs. Breakfast was delicious with hot and cold food choices available. The staff was friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again when traveling Interstate 10. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: ADA rooms are well provisioned.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Ellen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for the awesome review. I am pleased that you found that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We arrived two hours before check-in, and the front desk clerk was super friendly. We were greeted cheerfully and promptly. She went out of her way to help and was able to accommodate our early arrival, even with my special room preferences. I was quite pleased with our room. Our room was very clean and the temperature was pleasant upon entering. We did have an issue later in the evening, as the room was too "bright" for sleeping. I need darkness to sleep. I had to cover the lights on the microwave and clock, and my husband ended up covering the bottom of the door to block out hall light. We didn't hear any traffic or next door noise, but hall noise was loud. Heard customers talking in the halls, doors shutting late into the night, and early the next morning. We didn't eat breakfast there, but my husband went down for coffee, and said it was packed and a line waiting for the waffles. I would still stay here again if I was in the area. It was easy access. Close to town and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Ellen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I apologize that noise from other guests kept you up. We do try to maintain a quiet atmosphere for all guests. Breakfast can get very busy at times, but typically moves fairly quickly. We look forward to your next stay with us.

A La Quinta traveler
Tyler, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 13, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ellen L, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
Goliad, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Room was noisy and not sound proof, kept hearing other tenants opening and closing doors during the night. Got downstairs for breakfast at 8:30 am and everything was wiped out. We had to ask for someone to come and refill juices, waffle batter, eggs, bacon, and coffee cups. It was the day after 4th of July they should have been expecting a bigger breakfast than usual. We weren't the only ones unhappy with no breakfast ready.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ellen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

I apologize that your expectations were not exceeded. I apologize that you did not get a good nights rest due to the noise. I am not sure why you were hearing the doors open and close all night long. We did experience a large group that came down for breakfast at one time unexpectedly, prior to your arrival and the staff was working to get more food out. We try to make sure that we have fresh food out for all of our guests. We estimate how much food to put out at one time so that guests are not eating food that has been out for 2-3 hours, which makes the food less than appealing. I am positive the next time that you stay with us you will find that we do meet your expectations. I will speak to my staff to make sure they are also keeping the coffee, juice, etc. filled as well. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me personally.

A TripAdvisor Member
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times for business purposes and it has a great overall quality. This location is great for business or pleasure stays. This location is very close to restaurants, stores and easy access to IH 10. The fresh cookies in the evenings are always great to look forward to and friendly staff to cut up with.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Ellen L, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for the great review. The fresh baked cookies are definitely a hit with many people, and am very pleased to hear you look forward to them each visit. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 5 in Columbus
Best Western Plus Schulenburg Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Columbus
5 mi away
Colorado River RV Campground

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!