“Clean the shower”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Columbus
Barboursville, Virginia
“Clean the shower”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

So after another long day on the road and a stressful drive through Houston we stop at this comfort suites, the room was nice and big, plenty of room comfortable bed......but the shower did not look like it had been cleaned in a month and the workmanship of the shower stall looked like a kid did it.....Housekeeping Supervisor needs to do there job and make sure the rooms are cleaned properly. They do have a nice breakfast, and a nice happy hour.

Room Tip: Bring the lysol
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Yuba City, California
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Don't get me wrong. This hotel is nice, but you can tell it's not the best maintained. From random paint on the floor, to outlets that don't work, this is what turned me off about this hotel.

I would like to compliment the employee that greeted me at 10pm at night. I had a long trip behind me and she was very nice and gave me a great welcome. Good first impression. The hotel overall was not that impressive. You can tell the maintenance was not that professional. There were many dings and poor paint jobs to be seen everywhere. In my bathroom there was paint on the floor where a brush had been. Aside from the aesthetics, this hotel served its purpose of letting me get some sleep after a long day.

The outside of the hotel has a very modern design. It's very boxy and doesn't look like a traditional hotel. It may make you feel like this isn't a great place, but I'd stay here again.

Breakfast was good and I had no complaints. The breakfast area was nice with plenty of room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dexter, New Mexico
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The outside looks awful, the designer must have high when he/she designed this, but the rooms are very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is no internet available. The front desk clerk tried to get it, but was unable, the person she called from their provider was dumb as a rock. Not having internet access was annoying. If I know that I need internet access the next time I am there, I will stay elsewhere. If I don't need it, I would stay there again. There are two excellent places to eat, one next door, a Mexican food, and a very good steak house across the street.

Room Tip: There are no ground floor rooms due to the weird design, but if you can handle an elevator it will n...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Benbrook, TX
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed one night at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Columbus, TX to attend a family funeral. The motel, from the outside, is somewhat less than impressive. Especially since it sets immediately next to the La Quinta, that is much newer and more modern.

However, we checked in after a late dinner next door at Los Cabos (more on that elsewhere) and found the lobby and clerk to be clean and personable, respectively. What's more, the luggage cart was very strong, stable and worked all the way out to the parking lot. The route to our second floor room was less impressive as the hallways were fairly banged up and unkept. Did not set us up for high expectations of the King Suite that awaited us.

But, when we got into our room, it was very clean, neat, and properly furnished. It even had some signed Texas art prints on the wall - nice touch. The bed was quite comfortable, with a very nice, large comforter. Flat screen TV worked fine, but there was no station guide as far as we could tell.

The bathroom was very nice, with granite counter top and shower. It was reasonably large as well. Pretty well lighted also. There was a nice floor to ceiling large closet door mirror that proved beneficial for preparation.

The next morning, however, was a slightly different matter. The free breakfast was somewhat lacking. They had the obligatory waffle machine with strawberry and regular flavors. But the strawberry come out a watery mess that was not properly mixed or had settled. I didn't even try that. The regular worked quite well. BUT, the syrup that they served was corn syrup that just didn't have any taste. It wasn't even sweet. The "sausage" was small hot dogs. The "omelet" was some sort of pre-manufactured, store bought microwaved almost cardboard that was very unappetizing. They did have some nice bananas, oranges and apples. And they also had a nice variety of breads. But don't try to toast an English muffin in the toaster unless you have plenty of time.

All in all, for the same money, we would keep this place in reserve and try somewhere else should we be staying in Columbus again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel was perfect for us. We are traveling with our 4 animals (2 dogs both around 80 lbs & 2 cats) as well as our toddler son. This hotel not only allowed all of our animals but they also don't charge any pet fees which helped out so much. The room was nice & bed was very comfortable. Another issue we always run into is the showers. My husband is 6 ft 4 & shower heads are never tall enough, this one was perfect. Breakfast was included & had a variety for items. I also liked the covered parking since we had a canvas car top carrier that we were leaving up overnight.

• Stayed May 2013
Olyphant
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel had a commercial look to it from the outside,and had parking under the building, but handicapped was away and down a little hill with a ramp. It was strange. Room was clean and large, but was dimly lit, and tv cabinet door rattled loudly every time we walked by it. Check in was fine ,man was friendly and helpful with dinner selections. Check out was ok, lady seemed annoyed about checking us out, did not have breakfast since nothing looked too good even the bananas looked old. Bed was very comfortable.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I called this hotel before making my reservation to request an early check in. As an Elite Diamond member with this chain they said no problem. When I got to the hotel I was acknowledged by Melissa who was unfriendly and her demeanor was not interested in guest satisfaction. She told me that check in was at 3pm no exceptions. My arrival time was between 1:30p-2pm. I asked her why and she replied that is our policy and we don't have rooms available before 3pm. I cancelled my reservation. I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go to the La Quinta next door. Also Garmin can not find this hotel. That should have been my first c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Columbus
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus
Motel 6 Weimar, TX
Motel 6 Weimar, TX
#1 of 1 in Weimar
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Schulenburg

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Columbus? Share your experiences!