“Good Mexican food!”

Dining options: Reservations
San Angelo, Texas
“Good Mexican food!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by our family who lives nearby. We were staying the airport hotel, while waiting for our flight the next day. Our family picked us up and drove us to this restaurant, which was within 20 mins of the airport. We did not have to deal with the traffic of Dallas since this is SO close. I was very happy with my first dining experience at this restaurant. The food was good and the margaritas were great. Service was good, but a little slow. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013

Carrollton, Texas
“It was my mistake”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was my mistake to order the catfish which was "cooked on a flat grill (not fried)" - their words, not mine.

Based on the amount of oil in the crust it sure seemed fried and, unfortunately, there wasn't enough seasoning to overcome the taste of the oil. The vegetables were overdone and mushy. On the bright side the waitstaff was very eager, but our waitress did bring the wrong dish for my son.

In all it was a very disappointing experience.

• Visited March 2013
“Dirty”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

They have big rats! I saw one and brought it to the servers attention. Their response, that's normal. We set at least 20 traps a night.....what!?!? That's not normal!!! They should be shut down asap!

Phoenix, AZ
“I don't give out many 5 star reviews. This is a solid 5 in my book!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I don't give many 5 star reviews. La Hacienda Ranch is a SOLID 5 star Mexican Restaurant and not only is it the very best Tex-Mex I've ever enjoyed it is also one of the best places I've ever dined. I will return to this place every time I am within a half hour's drive. My wife had the fajita salad and it was hugemongous and the grilled steak on it was plentiful and very tasty. I had the Hacienda Ranch chicken but had them substitute a green sauce for the sour cream sauce and it was just perfect plus the grilled veggies were great. I rarely notice anything exciting about veggies but these rocked with a great grilled taste. We topped it off with a huge Apple Pie with Cinnamon ice cream in a brandy butter sauce. Our server Zach was also outstanding taking time to sit and visit with us and tell us the history of the restaurant and all about the original owners. He loved his job and was well trained.
Wow! I want to go back tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day............

• Visited March 2013
Arlington, Texas
“Mexican steak and a Fire and Ice Margarita!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellent Mexican food, especially the steaks! Near perfection every time: juicy, flavorful, tender. Best margaritas in town by far: try the "Fire and Ice" for something different and delicious. Top all that off with stellar service and you are in for a real treat! The chips are thin and crispy and the salsa is flavorful and addictive! Queso, don't even get me started! You just can't go wrong here, anything you order is going to be scrumptious!

• Visited February 2013