“Awesome bargain great little independent hotel”

Manor Inn College Station
Ranked #33 of 37 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed for 4 days during a wedding but had to change hotels bc of weekend sell out. We moved to a motel that was 3 times more expensive than this one but we did not like it nearly as much. The Manor Inn has been recently remodeled and our room was very, very clean. Everything worked well although the room could use a few more outlets and lights. It was incredibly quiet for a hotel along the highway with doors that open to the outside. It does NOT have an elevator which may be a problem for some. We stayed in a second floor room closest to the lobby and stairwell and it was very quiet. Another benefit is that it is just across the lot from a great all night diner and around the corner from a local donut shop as well as many other shops/restaurants. For the price we paid which was so very cheap, it can't be beat. We were sad when we had a noisier, smaller room for more money after we moved! The staff was very friendly as well and the lobby was very clean too.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa G

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Its been a wonderful experience while I stayed at Manor Inn. Staff at the front desk is very helpful and efficient. They have nice spacious rooms which are clean. Room service is fantastic. Regular supervision and survey by the owner of the hotel is the key behind neat , clean and tidy rooms. Hotel is located at the prime location with good connectivity. Overall I enjoyed my stay at Manor Inn and I will definitely recommend this place for stay. Thanks Manor Inn for making my stay hastle free.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Nikhil J
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

We had a nice stay at Manor Inn. The lobby is welcoming, the rooms are comfortable, quiet and clean. We were happy that the air conditioner has a constant fan setting. The hotel is in a great location also.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TexasFuninthesun
Reviewed May 11, 2014

After reading some of the previous reviews I went into my first stay at Manor INN expecting some problems and inconveniences. Let me say I was presently surprised and really enjoyed my stay.

When I first checked in the staff was very friendly and let me know about all of the hotel accommodations and directed my to my room. I arrived to very clean room which included a LCD TV, Coffee Maker, Microwave, and well stocked bathroom. The room included a double bed, writing table and a reading chair. The room looked recently updated and included a granite shower/tub as well as matching granite vanity. The AC was nice and cold and the room smelled nice and clean.

There were a few cons to the hotel but since the price was less then what the other locations in town charge i was willing to look over them. My only real complaints were that the Vanity lighting was out of place because it looked like it was pre remodel and it kinda stuck out. Not sure why they would spend so much on a nice remodel and skip on a 20$ vanity light. Secondly I did hear a few of my neighbors during out stay. It wasn't really a huge complaint about the hotel but more about how inconsiderate other guest are at 5am in the morning. Sometimes I guess I just expect others to have the common sense to not be yelling at 5am.

One note regarding the other review I noticed here. My room did included a due not disturb sign. The lock on my door had two locks contrary to other reviews I saw. I assume many people mistake the lock assembly as one lock since the entire bolting system is one piece. Lock 1 was the key card lock and Lock 2 was below the key card which was a dead bolt. So no worries about someone barging in during the middle of the night.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay and as long as the price remains the same i will be making the rest of my visits to College Station at the Manor Inn.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank djkyle65
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed at this property about two months ago and at the time the rate was great and I was afraid of what the room would be like. For the money is was OK. There was construction and sprucing up being done so that was both a plus and minus. Plus because things were getting better. Minus due to the mess - but again that was acceptable. The rooms were good. I wasn't afraid to walk barefoot. The shower was nice and clean. Overall good enough that I decided to make this my go-to place for future visits which will be often over the next 4-8 years. Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago. A new trip planned. I call and reserve at about $50 / night for 5-6 to 5-9-2014. I get my confirmation number and think all is well. After booking I kept looking and doing the priceline biding thing to get a very nice hotel at a very cheap price. While looking I notice that rates went up - way up. I think something is strange but check back a few times during the week. Rates still up and availability going down. I decide to call and check on my reservation as they didn't email me a confirmation. They did have it. It was correct. $50-something a night but the foreign lady said there was a mistake and I couldn't have that rate. The guy who quoted me was new and didn't know what he was doing. I confirmed she had me at the 50-something rate and she told me it would be double the first day or two and nearly quadrupled the last day. Turns out it is the last days of school at TAMU and rates are great for us she says.

I kept the "new rate" just in case I couldn't find accomodations elsewhere. Well I did - 50 miles away from where I wanted to be.

Bottom line - it's an ok hotel for the $$ but they should have honored their mistake and certainly not tell a customer that the price change was good for them -- Really? I would guess so. I will not ever again go to this place simply out of principle. I might have been willing to work with them on price if it had been handled differently but it wasn't.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel. You'll be better off in the long run. If you must go here I...