“Better than I thought”

Manor Inn College Station
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Well the room anyway. It wasn't too shabby. It definitely had updates. Granite shower and counter. LCD TV. Bed was comfortable. Window unit A/C worked just fine. I don't mind staying here again. It was quiet. Now the breakfast is another story. Blegh. Waffle mix tasted like nothing. The bagels were old. On Monday I took the last regular bagel. On Tuesday they still only had the 3 blueberry ones from Monday. On Wed, The stocked it with regular bagels however, I threw away 3 that I grabbed. 1/3 of it was hardened. The fourth one wasn't that hard and wouldn't make a big difference once I toasted it. The OJ was Sunny Delightish. What I did like was the fact that on Wed I left my table top vanity mirror and when I went back Thursday morning to pick it up, yes, it had been turned in by the houskeeper. Thank you housekeeper for the honesty.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Adrienne S
There are newer reviews for Manor Inn College Station

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Mattress felt worn out and pillows were uncomfortable. Old motel in need of thorough renovation. Despite the problems of age, the room was cleaner than many much newer properties I've seen. I did not use the pool, but it looked clean and inviting. While over-priced in my mind, it is competitively priced for the area.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is an older 2-story motel building that shows some wear, but it was clean and had a comfortable king-size bed. It's a "better" 2-star property with extras like a fridge and microwave, free wireless, hot breakfast and pool.

A couple of problems: the maid had missed a couple of Big Gulps left behind in the fridge, but did a good job after that, and our room A/C didn't seem to do the job very well the first night, but after mentioning it to the office, it was completely fixed for us before the next night, so good marks for service.

This place is not plush, but it is not bad, and we got a deal where they gave 10% off for 1 night, 20% off for 2, and 30% off for 3 nights, and we stayed 3 nights, plus we got a Travelocity 10% loyalty discount, so for the peak time of college arrival we paid $170, and you can't even stay at the local Motel 6 for 3 nights for that much.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

So you know how when you look at an inexpensive hotel, you just assume your gonna have to Overlook some really unpleasant amenities?

Not here!

It's freshman move in weekend at Texas A&M, and by shopping ahead, I got a rate of $120 for two nits, inc. tax. What a pleasant surprise! Free wifi, free continental breakfast, fridge & microwave in room, nice linens, quiet plaster walls. Walk distance to diner, Arby's & wallgreens. Two pizza deliveries in room (dominos & local). Would def return!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

For the most part, we had a great room. The walls and ceiling were a little on the thin side, but our neighbors didn't keep the worst hours, so we did get some sleep. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and well maintained. Since we are down in the BCS area fairly often, we have had many experiences in hotel stays. Manor Inn will now be one of our go-to places. Reasonably priced and a decent experience encourage us to return.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed one night here on the way back to Houston from Hill Country. It was a delight from beginning to end, very friendly and helpful front desk girls, lovely clean room with coffee maker, fridge, microwave and very comfortable bed..............convenient for walking out for dinner with plenty of choice, and a lovely breakfast with plenty of choice the next morning. On checkout I asked the front desk girl if it was a chain and she told me that it is privately owned by a family...........pity there are not more like this around, could not be faulted, we will go again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hunda
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I enjoyed my stay, just hated the hot tub was not working. But overall it was nice and pleasant hotel.
I plan to make several trips to College Station and I will be staying at the Manor Inn. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to staying again soon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com