“Comfortable”

La Quinta Inn College Station
Ranked #29 of 37 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good location by Texas A&M and many restaurants. Denny's and three Mexican restaurants very close. Room was nice and clean but needed more outlets for phone and computer charges. Lobby breakfast was typical but no papers available.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn College Station

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband is in College Station for a long term job and we recently moved to this hotel from another. It IS an old hotel, but very well kept. When I was at the pool I met a couple who always books this hotel when they come to College Station. The location is great, the continental breakfast in just as good as any other. It is noisy as are most hotels...but all in all, we are very happy here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank eegeren
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I expected more from LQ. Several issues pointed at poor maintenance: a dead cockroach right at the closet. Moldy bath tub, human hair in several places in the tub and on the floor around. Not effective exhaust system in the toilet. Hair again on both queen beds. There I realized the room had not been cleaned between visitors. I complained at the front desk. They inspected and told me they had no more rooms. It is a huge property, and it was crowded. But although I understand the green policy common to hotels nowadays, I cannot accept to share sheets with previous customers. That goes way beyond what is acceptable. I am still waiting for the compensation they offered to appear on my account. It should have been a full refund.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank VierTX
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at La Quinta to visit the college campus and I was shocked at how poorly this hotel was maintained. Absolutely no outlets to charge a phone or computer. Toilet had mold. The only thing that was the best was a good working AC! Breakfast was pitiful and lobby area to eat is way too small. I travel a lot and could not believe how bad this La Quinta was.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shelley M
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are small but was clean. Walking outside is nasty grounds are dirty. Old hotel cant.believe la quinta hasnt remodeled or better yet built a new one. Good location across from A&M close to many restairants. Ok if you have to stay but saw alot nicer hotels near by.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Cindy K
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've stayed in many LQ hotels throughout the country, and this is by far the highest price and the worst kept facility, There seems to be a ridiculously high volume of clients, which honestly for a college town, is to be expected, but don't stay in the main building, the noise will never stop. They have a building just across the road that is much quieter, and a bit nicer.
The breakfast here is the lamest of the LQ chains. OH, avoid staying there any game or school function weekend, they super price gouge you, but to be fair even the lower end motels does the same.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the 300 building, it is the only quiet area of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Let me preface my review by saying we only needed a place to stay the night, and I had points in my account to make my stay practically free. That being said, this place needs some work. The beds are very small, the bathroom was a bit dingy, and the breakfast left much to be desired. Make sure, if you stay here, stay on the property and do NOT go across the street to where the rest of their motel is located (sounds weird, but that is how this La Quinta is situated). We were sent there, after I had specifically requested NOT to be across the street (I guess the totally ignored my personal wishes). There are workers who were staying there that were drinking and were very loud; plus, the room they put us in had a pungent smell! My husband and I immediately went back to the main office to demand a room on the original property, like I had requested originally. Luckily for us, they had a room for us on the third floor. That room had no smell and was quiet. The mattress was comfortable, as were the pillows, and the front desk person was very polite. That is all I can really say that was positive about our overnight stay at this location.

Room Tip: Remember, stay on the property where the main office is; do NOT let them put you across the street!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family