WINNER WONDERLAND

“Disappointed” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn College Station

La Quinta Inn College Station
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in College Station

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I will preface this review by saying that I am a Financial Examiner for the state of Texas who travels 50% of the time or more for work. I am a LaQuinta Rewards member & have stayed at this LaQuinta location and one other in Austin. The LaQuinta in Austin off N Mopac near the Domain is wonderful and while training for my job, I stayed there 6 weeks. The LaQuinta in College Station does not compare at all and is a horrible representation of not only the LaQuinta brand, but hotels in general. Never in my life have I stayed at a "hotel" (I use quotes because this place should be an hourly motel) in need of so many changes. First, the exterior of the hotel is outdated and trashy looking. The property needs to be bombed and re-built from the ground up!! Second, upon my arrival at 430 pm, I observed 3 hotel maintenance & cleaning staff sitting on the curb outside my hotel room smoking. Third, when I entered my room it smelled stale and musty. I did not smell Clorox or any other cleaning agent to indicate my room had been cleaned. As a matter of fact, I felt as if no one had stayed in the room for months and the maid just tucked the sheets really tightly so it appeared as if the room had been freshly cleaned. The towels in the bathroom were dingy white, not fluffy, cheap & left white particles all over my skin after a shower. I know for a fact that my room was not cleaned daily. The other LaQuinta and any other hotel chain I've stayed in cleans the room daily and if they don't, there is a sign indicating this fact & stating you can request the service. Not the case here!!! Fourth, and this is the biggest drawback IMHO, the door to your room faces outside! No interior corridors! As a female traveling alone, I do not recommend this because you will not feel safe. This property is especially dangerous because the patrons walk around the parking lot at all times of the day and night. I don't understand what all the loitering was about. 3 of my co-workers also stayed here the entire week and in addition to all of the negatives I experienced, they experienced even worse. One co-worker got up to use her bathroom in the middle of the night and the toilet overflowed!! Maintenance didn't fix it until late the next day!! Another co-worker noticed water running down the wall from the ceiling!! It was so much water that it leaked through to our other co-worker's room who was next door! Fifth, the air conditioning units in all of our rooms did not work. I set my AC to 67 at night and left it on during the day while at work so my room would be cool. The room never got cool and there was constant humidity which lent itself to a dankness and dampness. Overall, we all agreed this was by far the absolute worst business travel experience ever!! If I had been on vacation or personal travel of some sort, I would've had to switch hotels. Never ever ever stay at this dump! It is a complete and total dive!! A roach motel!!

• Stayed April 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed at this LaQuinta during a multi-day swimming competition at TAMU this past February. The room was very affordable and sufficient for me; but, I wouldn't have wanted to stay there with my family. One night, there was a lot of racket from a youth baseball team staying there and the management didn't control the situation - nothing but apologies at the front desk the next morning. The b'fast buffet was pretty meager, but basically sufficient. The bed matress and pillows were marginal and the property is in need of renovation.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Lon B
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

This is a rather old property that could use a make over. Still, the price was right and overall, I was reasonablyly content with my stay. My room was in the back and on the ground floor. As a woman traveling alone, I would not have felt comfortable here without the benefit of my dog. The front desk people are as other reviewers have noted very friendly and cordial. I had noticed a billboard when driving into town offering a lower per night charge than that I had found online so I asked about how I could get that rate and the answer was "by telling us you saw the billboard" which struck me as a bit unfair to folks who didn't happen to come in the same way I did. In any event--tell them you saw a billboard and see if that won't get you a discount (what I got was somewhere between five and ten dollars off--not huge but every little bit helps!)--

Room Tip: If you are a woman traveling alone, make sure you feel like your room is in a safe and lighted locat...