“Just OK”

Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in College Station
Dallas, Texas
“Just OK”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The Hotel was OK. It is a little dated and it seemed messy. I was informed that 300 kids just left. I am glad I checked in after they were there. Trash was left out in the common areas for the whole time we were there. Paper thin walls. I could hear every conversation in the rooms around me. Great location because it was close to A&M. Free breakfast for rewards members. After looking at the breakfast we decided to eat somewhere else. Next time in College Station I will try somewhere else.

Room Tip: I don't think it will matter what room you choose. All are noisy.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Deer Park, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The outside of the hotel is a little dated, but still nice. It is in a great location. Near Texas A&M, and Kyle field. There is a Walmart, and Target nearby. Post oak mall is not too far either. Lots of eating places near the hotel. The staff was very friendly. I was with my mother, who has a lot of medical problems and has problems going up stairs so I was happy to see they had an elevator. Our room was pretty big. Our room had the 2 queen size beds. The beds were a little deceiving, at first we thought they were very soft, but that was with all the covers on it. Once we pulled the covers back, and laid down the beds are actually kind of hard. My suggestion would be bring your own covers, and lay on top of all the covers. It will pad the bed and be more comfortable. The bathroom had a nice shower. They have little dispensers installed on shower wall with your shampoo, and soap. I also was a little upset that with the price you pay to stay here, a free breakfast is not included. It was very quiet during our stay. That was nice. I would suggest staying here. To make your stay even better like I said, bring your own blankets and be prepared to eat breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank shplink
Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights while my daughter was at volleyball camp. The location was great just a couple of miles from Reed Arena. The outside is a little dated and not quite what I have come to expect from a Four Points. However the room was spacious, very clean and the beds comfortable. There is a small bar and eatery that served good food and cold beverages. The best feature of the place was the people that worked there. They were all very friendly and helpful especially the people at the front desk and the waitress at the bar. It was an enjoyable stay and I would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

Stayed July 2014
Weston, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 7, 2014

It was awhile ago that I stayed here, forgot to write this though so I'm doing it now, better late than never. I was staying here for a course so the room was paid for. It was very comfortable and relaxing for the week. Close to snipping opportunities and many places to eat. The bar at the hotel was quite pricy and limited but the staff were all great and the shuttle was nice. Definitely would stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dylan O
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The overall hotel is nice, not as nice as other Four Points. One issue is this facility will up charge all their rooms for any events taking place within College Station which is plain wrong. To stay on a normal day the rate is comparative to other Four Points, but should there be an event in College Station the rate goes up to $350 plus a night. The resturant food was good, but they need to ensure they staff up as the site only had 1 person covering the bar and floor at dinner time each of the 4x I have stayed. The resturant staff member was nice and positive but would have been better to have had a bar tender and 2 waitstaff members.
If the site would like better reviews- cease with the price gouging and hire more staff to cover the resturant

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank JgTexas
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel. The reason we chose to stay again was because the first experience was so wonderful. I wish I could say the same for the second time around, that was not the case from the moment we arrived. We were never greeted at the front door, had to interrupt the people at the front desk to ask to check in. (Clearly holding suitcases and pillows in my arms.) The staff in the restaurant and bar were extremely rude! They weren't even dressed professionally! The bar closed at 11pm on Saturday evening! It was extremely disappointing!! We will not stay there again due to all the disappointing customer service and horrible attitudes of the staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Grace H, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear mtzclan, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I certainly can empathize with the frustrations that you outlined in your review, and I truly want to apologize for any inconveniences you faced. I have passed this review along to our management team, and I encourage you to reach out to the General Manager, Robert Aguirre (robert.aguirre@fourpointscollegestation.com) who would be more than happy to discuss the matters further and rectify the situation in any way that he can. Again, we truly appreciate your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these College Station hotels

Center
Reviewed May 13, 2014

To begin with, the reservation desk could never get reservation correct. I was booking two rooms for different nights under different names. I never received a confirmation code that was supposed to be emailed to me. I called back a couple of days later to check on reservation, and not to my surprise, it was incorrect. They said they changed it and yet again, i received no confirmation code. The third call, i demanded a confirmation code on the phone and cleared up the room discrepancies. This hotel is very old, outdated and the thin strip of carpet in halls was wet as it was raining and the smell of mold was evident. They had floor fans trying to dry rugs. Yuk. We did not eat in dining area. Furniture was outdated. I will not return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Centerfarmwife
Grace H, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Centerfarmwife, We are truly sorry about the misunderstandings that occurred when you booked your reservation with our hotel and apologize that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. I will pass these concerns to the management team. We appreciate your feedback.