“Awesome Location”

Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in College Station
Bishop, Texas, United States
“Awesome Location”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here recently while setting up my son in his new apartment. Check in was quick. We didn't have any interaction with staff after check in other than the cleaning lady in the hall and she was pleasant. We did order breakfast, and they delivered quickly and had what we ordered, minus apple juice. I do think they should update the in room menus though. When we called to order breakfast she was not sure if they had french toast. ? But they did and it was exactly what we needed. Carmine was delightful when she brought our breakfast, she forgot my creamer and brought some back to me. Very polite and helpful.

The room was really nice, clean, and smelled really nice. The AC was kind of loud, and would wake me from a sound sleep when turning off/on. Other than that no complaints at all. I love the spa showers with the glass doors!

It was perfect for our 2 night stay, for just the 2 of us. The location is superb and very close to my son's apartment and all the places we needed to go to for shopping, etc.

Will stay again if they aren't booked up!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel met our needs for a 3 night graduation stay. Beds were extremely comfortable and rooms were clean and quiet (considering all hotels in the area were at 100 % capacity). Shuttle services were AMAZING! They were more than willing to take and pick up from graduation as well as give us a tour of the area.
KATHY! What a wonderful lady! I do believe she was a manager. Kathy made our stay especially comfortable and we felt welcomed and very special. Great stay! All staff were friendly and accommodating.
We would stay here again.
Thanks!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Mel C,
We're so glad we were able to provide you with a great stay during graduation and that you enjoyed our accommodations. We hope you will stay with us again in the future when returning to the area!
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel is located across from Texas A & M University. Fantastic location. We have stayed here in the past and as usual the staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and we really didn't have any problems at all. The food service continues to be an issue as it was for my last review. Hopefully they will take steps to improve this area. Otherwise, great stay!!! We will be back!!!

Dear Gidiup,
It's great to hear you enjoyed our convenient location in College Station as well as our friendly hotel staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stay at this property on a fairly regular basis for dates at TWS. The staff has always been efficient, the rooms clean and the beds great. Walls are a little thin but I can't remember ever be woken up. The parking lot is large well lit and secure.

Only real chink in the armor is the food service, I had 8 guests in the lobby bar and food was slow.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Charles V,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us. We value your loyalty as a repeat guest with us and are glad we consistently provide you with an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your next visit to College Station!
Laredo, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

First impression was that this is a good value. Service was good, but the halls smell funny, the sheets and blankets are very rough and when I went into the restroom, there were used toiletries and soap with hair on it from the previous guests. Yuck!

• Stayed August 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Matthew G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of you hotel with us. We regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with our hotel accommodations. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused as we understand how important a clean and comfortable guest room is during your stay. I have shared your comments with the rest of the hotel management team so we may look into your comments further and resolve moving forward.

Travelers are raving about these College Station hotels

Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here under contract for a school at TEEX. I was booked through a third party. This was a great stay. The location is good, I was always able to find somewhere to walk to for dinner. There were a couple of nights we took the shuttle, had to check out Sodoluks and their big steaks. Most of the time our shuttle driver was Lee who was a great tour guide. He could always tell you what was going on and was available to take you anywhere you wanted. The room was a good size and had everything you need. It was clean and maintained while I was there. There was plenty of room to be comfortable for the week. The bar and cafe was ok. We went there a couple of times for a beer and I usually prefer the local beers but they had the big names too. I had a horrible time trying to get something to eat there though. They were out of everything, it took a long time to cook, the order was messed up, and because it took so long we started to get in a time crunch (we expected dinner to take about a hour it took much longer). We explained we were on a time crunch and the waitress tried to get our stuff out but it wasn't ready. So I don't recommend that. I would stay here again. I was able to get some good morning jogs in around the town with good sidewalks and shopping area and ran to the Texas A&M campus. The sports fields and in easy running distance as well as some bookstores for swag. We went to Ortega's (had the Country Fried Steak with Queso - it was awesome), Double Dave's or something like that, and Sodoluks (they have HUGE steaks) while I was there.

Room Tip: If you are going for TEEX and don't have a car make a game plan ahead of time so the shuttle is...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear RandyNNVA,
Thanks for sharing your positive feedback about our hotel. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the future!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Food service is so poor. If I have to order for breakfast at least have whats on the menu. The service is slow. Speaking of slow, the internet is almost unusable. You have to get a faster internet connection. I can hardly open my gmail. Upgrade the internet alone and I would happily give this place 4 stars.

Room Tip: Ask which room has good internet service because there aren't any.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton College Station, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear wpedicini,
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We regret to hear of the issues you encountered with your internet service in your room and want to apologize for any inconvenience this caused during your stay. We know how important it is to stay connected when you are on the go and always try to provide our guests with the best accommodations to do just that.I have shared your feedback with the hotel management team so we can ensure this standard is being met moving forward.