“Week-Long Stay for Annual Fire School”

Hampton Inn College Station
Ranked #15 of 37 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Six Fireifhgters and Officers stayed for a week from July 21-26 while attending TEEX Annual Fire School. The accomodations were excellent and the staff made us all feel welcome. They provided evening snacks and pizza during our stay and made sure we knew to come downstairs and help ourselves. There was a lot of construction going on around the hotel but it made minimal impact on our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The hotel gets a solid rating from us. The only thing they might change is: replace all double beds with queen-sized beds. Most good hotels are offering queen and king sized beds. Double beds seem passe these days.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel while we attended freshman orientation at Texas A&M.
After we departed, we realized we had left a couple very important items in our room.
The manager went out of his way to locate out items and even after one item was misplaced between our phone conversations, he took the time to go out and repurchase our lost item and mail to us!! This kind of service is unheard of these days and I was so impressed! Our stay and room were wonderful and we will stay here again. Thank you, Collin and Hampton Inn for exceptional service.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a conference on campus. Rooms are small but clean. We only experienced two small issues. Our room was not cleaned one day and we were only able to get three towels and two washclothes for a room of 4. Also, the air conditioner did not cool well and was very loud. With that being said the location and friendly staff made it easy to overlook. The hotel is next door to an Applebees and Sonic and very close to the university. We will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent hotel with a fantastic staff! It couldn't get any better. Highly recomend this hotel when staying in College Station, Texas! From the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff, I was impressed with their professionalism and their attention to the smallest details. Fresh-baked cookies in the lobby upon our arrival to personalized notes left in the room from the housekeeping staff, the extra touches were great! I have traveled all over the world and stayed at some of the finest resorts, and this level of service would be at the top of my list of best hotels. Great job Hampton Inn-College Station!

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

My reservation, for a King NS, was converted to two doubles when I checked in and was told they had a problem with their system. Getting more irritated by the minute, I fired off an email to the GM, Melissa. While sitting next door at Applebee's, I get a phone call from the front desk asking if I would like the room I actually booked. I spoke to Melissa the next morning and thanked her for the fix. However, I arrived back at the hotel at 3:50 PM and my room was not clean. I checked back at 4:35 and they had just started on it. I will bypass this property next time.

• Stayed: July 2013
mcortinas, General Manager at Hampton Inn College Station, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We apologize again for the inconvenience that you experienced in not being able to check in right away upon your arrival. Our team does our best to minimize any instances where we do not have rooms available at our scheduled check in time but unfortunately the issues that caused this inconvenience for you were impossible to avoid. We have invoked our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee to provide you with compensation for this issue. We appreciate you choosing Hampton Inn and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again so you can experience the excellent customer service that we are known for!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This would be a great place except for 1 thing: copious signage (in the room, on the elevator) stating that sheets and comforters are washed for every guest. PLEASE - did you not wash my sheets in the past? (Had I known that, I would have NEVER stayed here! In fact, it's disgusting to even THINK that washing sheets is a "new" idea or gives "added value".) Disgust is not a feeling I enjoy.