“Very small room”

Hampton Inn College Station
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Judging by an earlier review, the rooms must be different sizes. We had an end room on the second floor and it was decent, but very small with a low ceiling. The employees were very nice and the breakfast and coffee bar were above average for being complimentary. It is close to Texas A and M, but on a very busy street. We walked next door to Applebee's for dinner which was a pleasant experience as well.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I traveled to College Station with my daughter for a couple of days in Feb. to attend an Engineering Conference at A&M. I was pretty disappointed in the hotel overall. The room was nice enough but the ac/heating unit was falling apart. The biggest complaint I have is that they don't enforce their no smoking policy. We were on a floor with non-smoking rooms (according to the placards outside each door) but it was very obvious that our room had been smoked in regularly and I had to put a towel at the bottom of our door to keep the smoke smell coming in from the people smoking in the hallway. For a room that cost me about $150 a night I was expecting more.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kozzer1
Reviewed December 31, 2011

It's just off the by-pass so it's convenient. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff was a bit preoccupied with their I-phones.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2011

This is a very nice, clean and comfortable hotel. Staff is very friendly and courteous. Easy access to Texas A&M. Good value.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Overall the room is very pretty with high ceilings, granite counter top in bathroom with a counter that is tall which I really like since I am tall. Bath/shower stall has lovely tile look, tall shower head and wonderfully hot water. Very clean. The bed was super comfortable. Unfortunately, the wall heating unit would click on and then click off every four minutes or so which I heard all night long, even after I turned the unit off. The walls are very thin and I could not only hear the slamming drawers in one room next to me but also the clicking on and off of the light switch in the other room connected to mine. People don't consider the volume of the t.v. when they watch it, so it was an annoyance (in both adjacent rooms). I had to ask for hand towels. I thought the room was going to be equipped with a fridge and microwave. This was a four night stay, so next year I will try somewhere else that others have recommended. One of the two computers in the business centers wasn't working and there was a guy camped out on the one that was working. Staff was very kind and accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Recently my families of 4 travels to College Station for a swim meet and forgot to book the hotel ahead of time to get the team rate for a double/double. By the time I contact the hotel; the rate is gone and only has One King available. My wife explain the situation to the staff and manager of the hotel, they were very patience and gave us the team rate although it has been clearly expired. On the day of arrival, she helps us to find a double/double room instead of the One King that we were booked on. Not the newest hotel in town, but I will definitely come back for the services and reasonable price. Room is clean and breakfast is standard, like the 24 hrs coffee in the breakfast area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I travel on business quite a bit and most often use tripadvisor. I base my hotel selection on past reviews because I always say if someone has either a horrible or great experience somewhere they will share that with others. The Hampton wasn't my first choice because of so many poor reviews, but my other choices were sold out so I went with this hotel. Just wanted to let everyone who has had a bad experience here know that it is renovated, very updated and clean. I stayed for three days and the service was great. No complaints and I will defenitely stay here everytime I visit College Station.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business