“DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #36 of 38 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Never been so disappointed ib my life, The good reviews on this place are fake. The worst, filthiest dive i have ever experienced. The room was filthy, the sheets had been changed, but the bedspread smelled very dirty. I was told on three or four different occasions that we would have a roll-away bed delivered to our room. After the game at about 10:30pm we called to confirm it was in fact delivered and we were then told that they dont have one. The only reason we booked here was the fact they said that they did. These people will tell you anything to get your dollar and it is a pathetic dive not worth $30, much less $125.00. I have never been so angered in all my life. The mattresses were so uncomfortable...the door to the room was so poorly hanging on the door frame you could see light all around the door...the bathroom door wouldnt close...cheap old towels...sandpaper to wipe with...the tv barely worked...would I recommend????? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed April 29, 2010

This hotel is located near the University Dr. on Texas Av. S which is actually pretty close to the Texas A & M university (about a 15 mins walk to the campus through the University Dr). The lobby is small, scatteredly furnished and hardly noticeable. This is where the checkin clerk is. Staff is hardly knowledgeable, but use whatever sense they have to let you in.

The hotel has 3 floors (including the ground floor), the corridors are open, but there is an elevator in a shabby area (stairs are partially covered but not uncomfortable), parking is open but quite sufficient. I got a king Bed room (non-smoking), price was their minimum and was quite reasonable for the area.

The room was pretty big, well lighted, with reasonable curtains. Bathroom was nice and clean. Room did not smell of any mildew etc which was quite surprising for the price. TV has quite many channels, but nothing special. Breakfast is included, but only contains basic cereal, milk, waffles and muffins.

The cleaning service was ok. I had seen 2 ladies coming in every morning, cleaning my room quite nicely. I also noticed that most of the guests were either construction workers or truckers, but i did not notice any significant event or mishap happening (i stayed for 4 nights). Heating/Cooling system worked quite nicely and room in itself was pretty cozy.

CONS:- According to the staff they have a free wi-fi service, but this hardly worked, especially it was down all along in the morning hours. I notified the staff, and they asked me to use my laptop in the lobby as they have a good signal there, but it was of no use there either. Apparently the front desk did call the internet provider, but it seldomly worked during my stay.

All in all, i would say, the room was nice and clean, the service was ok, and i did feel secure once inside my room.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Truly one of the most vile, disqusting, dispicable hotel experiences in a long lifetime of hotel stays. The hotel room had everything going for it: Filthy room, loud malfuntioning A/C, moldy bath with no hot water, paper thin walls, non-functioning TV, worn out carpets, bed linens, and furniture. I had to sleep on the floor in my sleeping bag. And you wanna know the capper? It was only $200+ a night b/c the city was full for a state government convention in town over at the Hilton, and I had no other room alternative available. I seriously thought about canceling the reservation and simply sleeping in my car, but had to have someplace to shower and shave the next morning prior to meetings. What a cesspool.

I would rather sleep in a mausoleum, and pigs will fly unbarbecued through Hell before I ever stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2009

We haven't stayed in a Knights Inn for more than ten years, since the last one was a real dump. Only stayed here since College Station hotels were nearly sold out due to a soccer tournament. The place looks like a kind of long-in-the-tooth motel that started as a premium motor hotel 30-40 years ago and has gone through several downward transformations into the economy property it is today. However, we found the room to be pretty good. The furniture was new as were the carpet and bedspread. It also had the obligatory microwave/fridge plus hairdryer and iron. The room was large, but still had that tell-tale smell of an old place. Some lysol and air freshener handled that. The best indicator of its age was the bathroom. It was clean, but otherwise depressing. Ancient fixtures, some cracked tiles, and shower handles that came right from the economy display at Home Depot. There was a pretty good breakfast bar, better than most economy properties. I only rated the value of the place as poor since they wanted $93.50 for a room that should have been $30-35 less than that. Had the price been more in line with an "economy" property, I would have rated it much higher. If you are going to College Station when some special event at Texas A&M or other, like this tournament, sells out the town then expect high prices all around. Not really worth over a hundred bucks including taxes, but otherwise it isn't a bad place.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We recently had tp go to College Station for a family graduation. We chose the Knights Inn because it was the cheapest place to stay. For the money it was one of the cleaner and nicer places I have stayed. Staff was very friendly, lobby is nice and clean, free breakfast is great. On a side note we hIad brought our own pillows and left them at the motel by mistake. I called the Knights Inn later in the week and the not only had my pillows but agreed to ship them to me. So if you are looking for a cheap friendly place to stay then this is your place

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mgl6979
Reviewed February 23, 2009

My husband and I were taking our two teenagers to explore A&M on "Aggieland Saturday". Due to a softball tournament, and a UT basketball game, it was tough to find a room. Based on recent reviews, it looked like this property had been refurbished and was under new management. I booked a room on the hotel chains website which came to $90.

The staff was polite and we had no trouble with them. They were very helpful when we returned to retrieve my daughters cell phone and a pillow which had been left in the room.

The facilities are still in icky condition. The room we were given (128) had a sink leaking onto the floor from the trap underneath. Thus the room smelled like mildew. The pillows were flat, the tile was broken off and very grimy. Mildew was found throughout the bathroom. The paint job in the room was poorly done. The carpet looked very dirty and could use a good cleaning. As we arrived after a 5 hour drive and were ready to fall into bed we chose to fall into bed and not complain about the room. Also, we were leaving very early in the morning and the hotel looked to be full to capacity so they may have not even had a room to switch us too.
The grounds of the room were ill kept, with lots of trash and weeds.
The free breakfast was poorly set up. The room was long and narrow and had a cart with styrofoam bowls and cups jutting out in the way. It was very awkward to squeeze between the tables and serving counter and the area was filthy. The blinds on the windows were old and coated with grime. On the plus side they did have a good variety of food, with bananas, 3 kinds of cereal, bagels, muffins, milk, orange & apple juice. The coffee was HORRIBLE and we could not drink it.

So, I would never stay in this hotel again. I was told the "Vineyard Court" was the best hotel in College Station to stay in.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 12, 2009

If you are looking for a clean, reasonable, comfortable bed...look no further. We were more than pleased with every aspect of the motel. The breakfast was sufficient for the price (waffles, bagels, pastries, and cereals). Our room had a refrig and microwave. I am always concerned about how comfortable the bed is (with my bad back). We stayed 4 nights, and I did not wake up not once with a backache.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple