“Old but Clean and friendly”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in College Station
Long Beach, Indiana
“Old but Clean and friendly”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were late in getting a room for parents weekend so we ended up here instead of our usual place... It was old but clean and the staff was friendly. Internet service was good and the breakfast had fresh fruit. They were helpful when we were looking for a place our son was going to be at. Remember that all prices for games or parents weekend are high

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dana Point, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Was booked by business travel agent ----- although the reviews don't look at all favorable ---- I'm OK with this property --- maybe I just got a decent room --- its clean and fairly comfortable ---- the breakfast is average at best and the maid service is a little inconsistent --- the staff are fairly helpful --- next to Applebees restaurant ---- its OK for business travel JEV

Room Tip: Considering other reviews -- recommend have a look at the room before you make a commitment
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was pretty late booking a place in College Station for a Texas A&M game, and the only place available was the Knight's Inn.

Pros:
Free Internet
Free Parking
Shuttle once an hour to the Stadium on game days

Cons:
Not the brightest staff
Smelly!

When checking in, I was asked for my address, I told them I wasn't a US resident, and asked if that was really necessary. If it was, I wanted to write it down instead of spelling it letter by letter. The young girl behind the counter didn't understand anything. Then her manager came by and told her that my address was printed on my driving license. Again I had to point out that I wasn't from the US and it wasn't on there. I was then asked for my US Telephone number which I of course didn't have. When I tried to give my mobile number, with the International code first, you could see the whole place stop. No one understood what to do.

When entering the room, a heavy smell appeared. It was as if they had emptied a can of anti-bug spray in the room. Not very nice to say the least.

The location isn't all that either. If you're going to a game, you either have to drive or take the shuttle bus. It's too far to walk. Nothing nearby worth checking out either.

I'm sure there's a lot of hotels in this town that's better than the Knights Inn. If you have an option, choose something else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I booked a room on-line for 2 nights (non-football weekend) so no 2 night minimum. When I checked in I told the front desk clerk that I would only be staying one night. She said that was fine and I was charged for one night. Then I get my credit card statement and I has been charged for the 2nd night that I was not there. I called and spoke to a man (hard to understand) and he told me that I was considered a "no-show" for the 2nd night and that is why i was charged. He did see where I was charged for the one night only but I was also charged for the 2nd night I was not there. I asked if he could refund me the night I was not there and he said no.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel redefines the word dump!
All of the other reviews pretty much sum it up, stinky, nasty, old and disgusting!
It must be owned by a foreigner who does not want to put a penny into making it presentable.
Towels are like sandpaper and the sink and tub are damaged and horrible. While in the bathroom you can assume that a moron tried to touch things up, but only made it worse.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Bad place to stay, nasty rooms, bathrooms dirty and old and smell strong odder of mold, it looked like was flooded. Very Bad place to stay, I would not recommend. Stinky place... All rooms been smoked, when T&AM have football games they change from nonsmoking rooms to smoking. Bad Place...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Austin, TX
Reviewed July 28, 2012

You get what you pay for... One of our pillowcases and blanket had stains on it. The blanket was so dirty with what looked like a poop stain, cheese stain and other unkowns. Our pillowcase was stained with mascara and an old blood stain. Other than that, it was ok for the price. The breakfast had good waffles and the shampoo had a nice smell.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Station
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bryan College Station
Days Inn College Station University Drive
Days Inn College Station Univers...
#30 of 35 in College Station
Hampton Inn College Station
Hampton Inn College Station
#15 of 35 in College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College S...
#4 of 35 in College Station
Residence Inn Bryan College Station
Residence Inn Bryan College Stat...
#13 of 35 in College Station
EZ Travel Inn
EZ Travel Inn
#26 of 35 in College Station

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!