“Basic and Clean- served our purpose-game weekend.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in College Station
Texas
“Basic and Clean- served our purpose-game weekend.”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed on a football weekend as it was the only available room at last minute. I was nervous after reading the reviews.. but all in all it was fine. Our check-in (there were two clerks) was smooth. Our room was dated (flowered satin bedspreads, chipped lamps and dinged door frames). But it was Clean, air was icy cold, everything worked (clock,fridge,lamps)..no funky odors. Sheets have stretched out elastic that makes it hard to keep on the corners..but they were fresh. Mattress comfortable. Towels are about hand towel size and thin.. but are sufficient. Shower is more of a suggestion..:). But the rate you are paying is about $100 less per night than a Holiday inn for the same night on a game weekend.. so it was fine. The clientle was quiet and family oriented. We felt secure about the car. Yes, there is an abandoned apt complex next door..but they have built a fence around it. So it's a bit tired and worn, but it served our purpose.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our stay was over the weekend of July 16-17. We did not have a reservations and most of the other hotels were at full. This is a older hotel (motel is what I'd call it) and the room are very basic with dark carpet. There was a TV, Desk and Chair, Bedside Table, King Bed and a Chair and for lounging, refridgerator and microwave but no coffee maker. Breakfast is provided for those who would like it. I can't speak of it since we chose to sleep in. The staff was very friendly -- However, we did have one problem with the toliet not flushing correctly. The hotel sent some one immediately to take care of that and there were no futher problems.
The hotel property (back side) is adjacent to an old apartment building that appears to be in varying stages of being torn down but there was no noise or safety concern for us as our room was at the front of the hotel.
As I said it is an old hotel so don't expect anything fancy but our room was clean and smelled fresh. We just needed a place to sleep for the night and it was fine for the cost. If you prefer a newer decorated furnished style this is not for you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The room smelled like someone had been cleaning fish in it. They left our room OPEN after they cleaned it, but they said, sorry, sorry is right. We were told we would get a ten percent discount for me being a firefighter and my wife being a probation officer, they lied, but they said, SORRY.

• Stayed April 2011
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 2, 2011

It was terrible. I was supposed to stay a week for business but after one night I couldn't take it. I went to check out at 10:00 am the next day and canceled the rest of the week. The guy told me I couldn't have the rate I was quoted because I was canceling the rest of the week. Charged me $20 more for the one night than what was quoted. A big ripped off. It is grossed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Terrell, Texas
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Never been so disappointed ib my life, The good reviews on this place are fake. The worst, filthiest dive i have ever experienced. The room was filthy, the sheets had been changed, but the bedspread smelled very dirty. I was told on three or four different occasions that we would have a roll-away bed delivered to our room. After the game at about 10:30pm we called to confirm it was in fact delivered and we were then told that they dont have one. The only reason we booked here was the fact they said that they did. These people will tell you anything to get your dollar and it is a pathetic dive not worth $30, much less $125.00. I have never been so angered in all my life. The mattresses were so uncomfortable...the door to the room was so poorly hanging on the door frame you could see light all around the door...the bathroom door wouldnt close...cheap old towels...sandpaper to wipe with...the tv barely worked...would I recommend????? HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 29, 2010

This hotel is located near the University Dr. on Texas Av. S which is actually pretty close to the Texas A & M university (about a 15 mins walk to the campus through the University Dr). The lobby is small, scatteredly furnished and hardly noticeable. This is where the checkin clerk is. Staff is hardly knowledgeable, but use whatever sense they have to let you in.

The hotel has 3 floors (including the ground floor), the corridors are open, but there is an elevator in a shabby area (stairs are partially covered but not uncomfortable), parking is open but quite sufficient. I got a king Bed room (non-smoking), price was their minimum and was quite reasonable for the area.

The room was pretty big, well lighted, with reasonable curtains. Bathroom was nice and clean. Room did not smell of any mildew etc which was quite surprising for the price. TV has quite many channels, but nothing special. Breakfast is included, but only contains basic cereal, milk, waffles and muffins.

The cleaning service was ok. I had seen 2 ladies coming in every morning, cleaning my room quite nicely. I also noticed that most of the guests were either construction workers or truckers, but i did not notice any significant event or mishap happening (i stayed for 4 nights). Heating/Cooling system worked quite nicely and room in itself was pretty cozy.

CONS:- According to the staff they have a free wi-fi service, but this hardly worked, especially it was down all along in the morning hours. I notified the staff, and they asked me to use my laptop in the lobby as they have a good signal there, but it was of no use there either. Apparently the front desk did call the internet provider, but it seldomly worked during my stay.

All in all, i would say, the room was nice and clean, the service was ok, and i did feel secure once inside my room.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Truly one of the most vile, disqusting, dispicable hotel experiences in a long lifetime of hotel stays. The hotel room had everything going for it: Filthy room, loud malfuntioning A/C, moldy bath with no hot water, paper thin walls, non-functioning TV, worn out carpets, bed linens, and furniture. I had to sleep on the floor in my sleeping bag. And you wanna know the capper? It was only $200+ a night b/c the city was full for a state government convention in town over at the Hilton, and I had no other room alternative available. I seriously thought about canceling the reservation and simply sleeping in my car, but had to have someplace to shower and shave the next morning prior to meetings. What a cesspool.

I would rather sleep in a mausoleum, and pigs will fly unbarbecued through Hell before I ever stay here again.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Station
Fairfield Inn & Suites Bryan College Station
Hampton Inn College Station
Hampton Inn College Station
#14 of 36 in College Station
Days Inn College Station University Drive
Days Inn College Station Univers...
#32 of 36 in College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College S...
#3 of 36 in College Station
EZ Travel Inn
EZ Travel Inn
#28 of 36 in College Station
Residence Inn Bryan College Station
Residence Inn Bryan College Stat...
#12 of 36 in College Station

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!