“Safety concern, Nasty rooms, hard to access”

Hilton College Station & Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Doors from outside unlocked after hours. Anyone could get inside the hotel. For anyone traveling alone (especially women) or with children, this is huge problem. The drawers were nasty-hairs inside. Previous guests food inside fridge. Rooms in the cabana section have terrible access. There are small sections of stairs, the only way to get luggage cart down stairs is to take a small old, and I mean old, wheelchair access lift, to the upper floor. Elevators from main hotel do not go to the 2nd floor where we were at. As we were checking out we noticed several others having to take luggage off rack and hand carry down stairs to their cars. This is hardly the type of service I paid for. I expect something like this at a Motel 6. The price didn't reflect the quality of our room. Very disappointing stay. In the future we will try to make advance reservations at the Hampton. The pool was very dirty, doesn't look like it was cleaned in days. We were very busy-forgot to get pictures.

Room Tip: No tip. Stay at different hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
James F, General Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

I'm so sorry for your poor experience at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. I would be delighted to be of assistance in this matter if you would like to contact me. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

James Franks
979-693-7500

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The service is good but the room was old, dirty and smelled like cigarette smoke. Definitely not worth the money they are charging. I will think twice before ever stepping foot into another Hilton hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
James F, General Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area. I understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest room and I am deeply disappointed by that. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We also addressed the cigarette smell and will ensure every guest room is as fresh as possible prior to guest’s arrival. Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very important to us as we ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. We hope you will give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

i know I'm not in a resort, but there are still things you expect when you choose a Hilton over a roadside Motel. here the experience isn't much different. rooms are very tired, furniture is yuck, beds eh. our room was not clean. when here again, i will probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
James F, General Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in our area and we apologize for the problems you encountered. I have shared your concerns with my team and have specifically addressed the issues with our housekeepers. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very nice accommodations, room by the pool was nice but to much noise. The hot tub and pool are very nice and clean, area around the pool was very clean as well. The starbucks coffee shop was a plus for me.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed in the Hilton in College Station in March, 2014. I had made the reservation well in advance. When we arrived, our reservation was not able to be honored as we booked it. The registration clerk seemed uncomfortable and unsure of how to check us in. She just gave us a room key and swiped our credit card. When we got to our room, we found it to be a smallish room with two double beds. We called the registration desk to ask for a different room. The same clerk said " I don't understand what's wrong with the room. I upgraded you to a room by the pool with a lanai." My husband told her that we had requested a room with a king bed and really didn't care about the lanai. Plus, a room with two double beds didn't seem to us to be an upgrade at all. We trekked back to the registration desk to talk to the same flustered clerk. She was even more curt when she gave us the keys to a different room. We went to the next room and discovered that we had been placed in what must be a hospitality room with a murphy bed and a conference table in the middle of it. It was the weirdest room ever. The murphy bed was uncomfortable and too low to the floor.

We called the desk and spoke to the clerk again. It was then and only then that she told us that they had given out all of the other rooms in the hotel with a king bed so this weird room was all that we could have. It was this or nothing. So we stayed in the weird room. We had walked all over that hotel dragging our luggage from one room to another and just gave up.

I later stopped at the desk to ask why there was a floor below ours that had a plaque on the wall that said Hilton Honors Floor. The desk manager told me "That's where we put our Hilton Honors members when they stay with us." I Told him that seemed odd- We are Hilton Honors Diamond members and weren't placed on that floor but instead in the weird conference room. He just looked confused and said he was unsure of why we were placed in that room.

All of this could have been avoided if the reservation clerk had communicated with us at check-in. She should have told us that our reservation for a king bed room was unavailable and let us know what our options were. The staff at the desk that night was less than well trained to be sure.

After a night of poor sleep, The next morning, we had a nice breakfast and gladly left the hotel. My family travels to College Station twice a year for an event and I will not stay at this Hilton Again. I am sure there are some nice rooms there, but this experience did it for me. We have stayed at the Homewood Suites across the street several times and have no complaints. We'll stay there from now on.

Room Tip: Stay at another Hilton property.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The reunion arrangements were excellent, food really good, but the hotel needs a rehab. The staff was very helpful. The location is perfect for events at Texas A&M and it provides perfect facilities for many campus activities. This experience makes the events run very smoothly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We have stayed at this Hilton two times for our anniversary. Both stays were very nice. The hotel is clean and the staff are very helpful. We will be returning for our anniversary next year. We really enjoy the great location of this hotel. We look forward to our stay every year.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple