We stayed in the Hilton in College Station in March, 2014. I had made the reservation well in advance. When we arrived, our reservation was not able to be honored as we booked it. The registration clerk seemed uncomfortable and unsure of how to check us in. She just gave us a room key and swiped our credit card. When we got to our room, we found it to be a smallish room with two double beds. We called the registration desk to ask for a different room. The same clerk said " I don't understand what's wrong with the room. I upgraded you to a room by the pool with a lanai." My husband told her that we had requested a room with a king bed and really didn't care about the lanai. Plus, a room with two double beds didn't seem to us to be an upgrade at all. We trekked back to the registration desk to talk to the same flustered clerk. She was even more curt when she gave us the keys to a different room. We went to the next room and discovered that we had been placed in what must be a hospitality room with a murphy bed and a conference table in the middle of it. It was the weirdest room ever. The murphy bed was uncomfortable and too low to the floor.
We called the desk and spoke to the clerk again. It was then and only then that she told us that they had given out all of the other rooms in the hotel with a king bed so this weird room was all that we could have. It was this or nothing. So we stayed in the weird room. We had walked all over that hotel dragging our luggage from one room to another and just gave up.
I later stopped at the desk to ask why there was a floor below ours that had a plaque on the wall that said Hilton Honors Floor. The desk manager told me "That's where we put our Hilton Honors members when they stay with us." I Told him that seemed odd- We are Hilton Honors Diamond members and weren't placed on that floor but instead in the weird conference room. He just looked confused and said he was unsure of why we were placed in that room.
All of this could have been avoided if the reservation clerk had communicated with us at check-in. She should have told us that our reservation for a king bed room was unavailable and let us know what our options were. The staff at the desk that night was less than well trained to be sure.
After a night of poor sleep, The next morning, we had a nice breakfast and gladly left the hotel. My family travels to College Station twice a year for an event and I will not stay at this Hilton Again. I am sure there are some nice rooms there, but this experience did it for me. We have stayed at the Homewood Suites across the street several times and have no complaints. We'll stay there from now on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the intersection of University Drive and Tarrow Boulevard in College Station, Texas, the Hilton College Station & Conference Center gives guests easy access to Texas A&M University, Brazos Valley and Bryan, TX. Use our local shuttle to get to those and popular nearby attractions. Enjoy the convenience of our on-site restaurant, bar, and room service. Our ample meeting space, skilled event staff, and A/V equipment make our hotel ideal for conferences, receptions, trainings, and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Hilton College Station & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton College Station And Conference Center
- Hilton College Station Hotel College Station
- College Station Hilton