“consistently comfortable”

Hilton College Station & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel approximately 25 times over the past 4 years. The rooms are always comfortable and clean. They have always been very welcoming to my family including my 50 pound dog who received treatment at Texas A&M. Sometimes, they even provided treats for my dog. When we forgot simple toiletries, or when we didn't know we'd need to stay, they always provided free samples for us. The breakfast buffet is excellent. The Bell Steak House dinners are also very good.
I appreciate the sheets on top and on the bottom of the blankets to ensure everything I touch has been just laundered.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the street side, you look out over the pond with sometimes spraying water fount...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank J E
There are newer reviews for Hilton College Station & Conference Center

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed one night and loved it! They upgraded my room from a regular King to a suite! It could not have been more comfortable. The bed was perfect but I hated the pillows, all 5 of them! I ordered a sandwich from room service at 10:30 p.m. and it arrived within 10 min. My morning shower was amazing with a wonderful shower head and plenty of hot water. Check in and out was a snap. This Hilton is what all others should strive to be like!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fairly new hotel. Rooms are tiny, no privacy, but new & clean. Free parking, free internet. College Station hotels fill up early for home games at A&M, so don't wait to reserve. Many of the hotels are old and shabby -- Hilton is new & conveniently located. Management very accommodating, but don't expect special service -- they're just busy. Employees are all Aggies, and that's a good thing -- so polite, attentive & smart! Other guests can be a little noisy -- take your earplugs).

Room Tip: Don't wait to make reservations. All the hotels raise their prices near the weekend, especially...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our rescued greyhound is undergoing radiation therapy for bone cancer at neaby Texas A&M and the Hilton College Station has made a difficult trip wonderful! The staff at reception was welcoming and quite accomodating (my partner gets off work in San Antonio late, so he wasn't with me and the dog at check-in...eventhough the reservation was in his name.) Our room was quiet and clean...and very comfortable. Even the greyhound, Ramses, who usually pants-and-paces in strange environments quickly crashed on his dog bed and felt at-home. I ordered room sevice -- which was quite good. The delivery was made by a staff member who took interest in Ramses and shared stories of his own dog. The hotel was so quiet, we were all o-u-t after the afternoon of travel!

The next day at TAMU, we had lots of "dawg-tests" run and realized we would need to extend our stay. Again..no problem from the front desk staff. When told that we would need accomodations for the following 3 weeks for further radiation treatments, tthe front desk staff suggested trying online first to check for a better rate. The tip was much appreciated!

We had another round of delicious room service on night #2, and the young man with our food asked how Ramses was doing. A special touch...may not mean a lot to many folks, but when you have a loved one suffering (even if it is "just" a pet) any kind words and concern are helpful and much appreciated!

Thanks to the entire staff for this weekend's stay...and we are looking forward to visiting with our Hilton College Station "friends" again over the next 3 Sundays. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making these tough stays much easier! Even Ramses gives you guys "4-paws up" for your outstanding hotel and service!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as our son and daught-in-law were having their wedding reception there. It is a large hotel and fit our wedding (over 300 people) with no problem. They gave the wedding guests a good rate and the food and service was very good. The group organizer was very helpful and made it very easy to book blocks of rooms, then assign to individuals later. The hotel options in College Station are pretty limited and this hotel is showing its age, but the rooms were fine and the convenience to A&M is great. We ate in the restaurants and the bar, and service was good, though crowded on Sunday morning in restaurant. If you aren't expecting anything luxurious this place will work. There are other very good nearby restaurants you can walk to if you don't particularly like to eat in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
James F, General Manager at Hilton College Station & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay. Come see us again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Pros:

-The staff was top notch, one of this hotel's saving graces.
-Free Parking
-Wifi was faster than most hotels I've stayed in.

Cons:
-The shower was lukewarm at best. I kept hoping that it was because they were short on hot water, but it never warmed up.
-Cable TV was spotty, fixed it myself by playing with the coaxial cable to the TV.

Summary: I would stay here again if I had to, but I would explore other options first. Travel almost weekly for work and Diamond Hilton member, and more often than not I find myself being disappointed in Hiltons. The last few Hilton Hotels i've stayed at haven't been any nicer than the Hampton Inn's I've recently visited...which makes me wonder why spend the extra cash? The staff was great! They are the reason I gave this hotel a 3 out of 5. The shower was the biggest disappointment. To me, there is nothing worse than a cold shower.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was here fro a conference and the rooms are about par for a Hilton, clean, comfortable and with a good work desk and chair.

The bed was comfortable and the room I had was a nice size. Internet seemed adequate and solid whenever I used it. It was good enough to stream video most of the time.

The bathroom is small but the shower is good, plenty of flow and pressure. The only negative thing I noticed was that the sink was creaked, as was the toilet bowl. I noted also that there where cracked sinks in the public restroom too so I wonder if they got a bad batch from the manufacturer or they had been installed incorrectly. It's something that you think should be put right, after all, for a Hilton do you expect damage fixtures as standard? The toilet paper holder rod was also missing so the roll sat on the counter. Wonder how long that had been that way?

Now for the one real negative... the tv service had a lot of channels that where unwatchable due to poor signal strength so the digital signal and sound was constantly breaking up.

The staff are very helpful so I think overall I would stay here again but only if I needed to. Walking around outside there is little nearby. I would prefer to be near more shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business