“Very nice Hilton.”

Hilton College Station & Conference Center
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Lobby area very nice. Bar nice. Restaurant nice. Elevator and executive floor nice.
I was given the 'board room' - that was cool - a huge room with 2 entry doors, a little kitchen, and a big conference table.
Staff was very well trained (nice management) - noticed there were a bunch of fireman staying there for some training and they looked like they were having a great time staying there.
I'll definately stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton College Station & Conference Center

Reviewed February 5, 2013

awesome place very clean except cheep toilet paper. Very clean linen....love the sheets.
The lobby is very nice, lounge area is nice. The best gift shop ever! It had good hours of service.
Service is excellent. Lots of restaurants near by. Could walk to dinner. We have stayed at this location for years. It is very well lite at night. Lots of customer friendly housekeepers. We well dressed employees.

Room Tip: Rooms away from pool are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I was there with a group for a show. The hotel staff were helpful and the rooms are clean. The hotel is more modern than the TV station choices in this small town. If you have to travel to College Station, this hotel is a good value. Now for some unexpecteds which prevent me giving it a 5. I ate at the hotel bar and wanted some wings while watching a football game. The bar gave me BBQ wings and tried to ritz it up. I had asked them if they had regular wings and received the spriced up version. I didn't really need arugula with my wings either... Otherwise, the food was good.
The only other problem I had was not in the hotels control. The water is soft and you feel "soapy". Nonetheless, the hotel feels safe and is a good bet for this area of the world.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have stayed here twice when we visited our son at A&M and will stay again. The hotel is wonderful and the staff is really friendly. It is conveniently located to plenty of nice restaurants - you can walk to dinner or lunch. It is close to campus, when I go running in the mornings I always run from there and enjoy running the campus. I've stayed at three other hotels and they were not near as nice.

Room Tip: We had a room on the west end of the hotel. Good view of college station and the sun set
Reviewed November 23, 2012

The hotel is very nice and met my expectations. I had booked 3 rooms at this hotel and one of my family members was upgraded to a suite. While I was dissappointed that all 3 of us did not get upgraded due to my Diamond status, it is beside the point. The hotel overall is very clean and nice. Both my relatives were very impressed with their rooms.

I stayed in a room with a king size bed, and while it was nice, the door in the bathroom would not open all the way and would hit the toilet and stop. The bed was comfortable and clean, and I liked the decor in the room (it is very modern and chic), however, I was dissapointed that it had the old AC/Heater unit in the room and would be very loud when it came on which put me in an uncomfortable position of turning the volume up on the tv while my husband was sleeping.

The breakfast was reasonably priced (I've stayed in similar class hotels and other Hiltons and the breakfast would typically be around $25-30 for the breakfast buffet) at around $10 per person, it matches the buffet prices at the Hilton Garden Inns, however the selections and quality of food was better at this location. I was initially dissappointed they did not have an executive lounge, the breakfast here trumps the breakfasts I've received at the executive lounge at the Hilton - Tampa location so I can't really complain.

Overall, I was pleased with the level of service and quality of the food and rooms. My in-laws were immediately impressed with the level of service and quality of the rooms and i could not hear enough of how satisfied they were of the hotel.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel was nice and clean. I stayed on the HHonors floor, so these rooms might be a little nicer than the regular rooms. I don't know that to be a fact. I thought the rooms were a little small, but I'm used to the Hilton's Vacation Resorts. Centrally located to Texas A&M and many restaurant. No complaints here. I would definitly stay here again.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Although I didn't know until I arrived, my stay was during the Texas Reds Wine Festival. The first room I was given was directly across from the elevator and since "creepy guy" followed me up the elevator & paced the hall without going into a room, I didn't feel comfortable with that room. I went back downstairs and explained the situation and the desk clerk switched my room without question even though the hotel was obviously full.
In the second room the first thing I did was smash a bug that was on the wall next to the bed. The remote to the tv wasn't working (while I was switching rooms I heard the desk personnel on the phone sending an engineer up with a new remote for another room). I was tired and not feeling well so I didn't really want to wait for someone to come up. This gave me time to observe the room. Although recently updated, it really doesnt look like it except for a new chair in the room. The wooden valance over the curtains was scratched and needed painting. The wallpaper was discolored in spots. The low ceilings and inadequate lighting make the room feel cave-like. The bed was comfortable though.
The next morning I woke up to small bites on my arm and another bug in bed with me. After getting ready I went downstairs and reported this to the desk personnel (along with a photo of the bug). She apologised and switched my room to a small suite and asked if I needed anyone to help me move my things which I declined. I moved my things to the new room and immediately left.
That afternoon/early evening I returned to the hotel and had to park at the back of the hotel and enter through the back door. While walking towards the front of the hotel and passing one of the ballrooms I ended up being caught in the middle of a huge bridal procession going from one ballroom to another (a beautiful Indian wedding I believe). I was so embarrassed. Then I had to pass by their buffet tables which were set up outside of the ballrooms. **In my opinion the hotel should have had someone at the back entrance with a golf cart or something to take guests who were not wedding guests to the front of the hotel to prevent this from happening. Considering how many ballrooms and rooms this wedding had, that was the least the hotel could do. But I guess that's up to the bride to complain about.
Back in the junior suite the remote for the living area tv was also not working. I just had to laugh at that point. Isn't this something the housekeeping staff should/could check? The room was pretty, although a little strange to have the sinks in the bedroom. They could justify $350 for this room but definitely not for one of their standard rooms.
Each of the personnel I came across were pleasant and helpful and this was obviously a busy weekend. The staff is a credit to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo