Well we began a boycott of the Hilton a year or so ago, and recently heard that things had changed there due to new ownership/management so we decided to give them another chance. This hotel has the location and basic structure to be something special. The only hotel in town with a built in bar and restaurant. What a Hilton should be. One certainly expects better service than say, a Homewood or Holiday Inn.
We stopped using the Hilton due to their high prices and lack of service and facilities to back those prices up. Now, due to a drop in pricing that made them reasonable again in comparison, we gave them another try.
They still don't seem to be able to get the idea.
While there are posterboards on display showing the new looks coming, I doubt that a makeover alone will work. Yes, a makeover is definitely needed though. Tired carpeting, stained and worn, in hallways and rooms. Bathrooms that are in desperate need of upgrades: tiny tubs, broken fittings, etc.... Just a general renewal is in order.
But fixing up and remodeling will not make up for the general lack of service. 1. When inquiring upon arriving about a bellman to help with luggage, I was told "he is running around here someplace"!
2. I had requested foam pillows instead of feather due to wife's allergies. There were certainly plenty of pillows on the bed, all feather filled.
3. Also had requested additional bath towels; not there. #'s2 & 3 were remedied with a call to housekeeping, but, how hard is it to read the comments and requests section of the reservation?
4. As a Hilton Honors member I requested early check-in. No such luck. Room was ready by regular checkin time.
5. Hilton Honors also noted my request for a local newspaper. We got the standard USA Today only.
6. There were four lights in the dressing area, two burnt out. But, an "Engineer" was sent to rectify this problem.
7.The trash was not emptied ever, during our stay.
8. When trying to checkout using the suggested "call the front desk and advise them of your departure" idea, I was unable to get an answer even though constantly dialing back every 1-2 minutes for over 20 minutes! The phone would ring a 4-5 times then disconnect.
Just a lot of problems that shouldn't exist.
As the only hotel in College Station that is expected to rise beyond the norm, how hard would it be to provide proper service?
I realize that the hotel is usually filled due to it's name and the fact that many Aggies use it for a base camp, along with TEEX and others doing business in the area; but is this an excuse or lack of incentive to do better? Why not give your customers what they pay for?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the intersection of University Drive and Tarrow Boulevard in College Station, Texas, the Hilton College Station & Conference Center gives guests easy access to Texas A&M University, Brazos Valley and Bryan, TX. Use our local shuttle to get to those and popular nearby attractions. Enjoy the convenience of our on-site restaurant, bar, and room service. Our ample meeting space, skilled event staff, and A/V equipment make our hotel ideal for conferences, receptions, trainings, and weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton College Station & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton College Station And Conference Center
- Hilton College Station Hotel College Station
- College Station Hilton