“How Can You Not Like This Place?”

Freebirds World Burrito
Ranked #50 of 290 Restaurants in College Station
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 14, 2013

To clarify, this is the Freebirds at University Dr. and Hwy. 6 Bypass, NOT the Northgate location, which was the second Freebirds in the US and the first in Texas.

One prior complaint was the volume of the music played. I didn't think it was a problem, but I just happened to be the only one in there at the time. I have noticed that it gets loud when you add the many voices of other patrons, so the noisiness isn't necessarily from the PA system.

I've been to 3 of the 4 Freebirds in College Station, including the Northgate location, where I visited frequently when they first opened about 20+ years ago. Of my visits in College Station, I'd say that this particular Freebirds has been my favorite. The workers were attentive when I gave them my order. When they asked for choices, they didn't seem bored, or just rattle off the options. They were friendly, but not goofy and stupid. They also weren't skimpy on putting on the toppings.

One review mentioned tasteless meat. That may be true, but the burritos aren't just meat - the taste experience comes from the many flavor combinations that YOU choose.

After all these years and new and more locations, Freebirds is still the place for awesome burritos and a fun time.

3  Thank Gideon_Krasmanic

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Awesome food, fun atmosphere, great price!!! Way too filling! Really cool palce to eat with all the foil origami.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Freebirds is still great! Burritos were yummy as always. Like the smaller burritos for the kids. Everyone enjoyed their food and making foil sculptures.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am by no means a stick in the mud when it comes to music and food....but this place was miserable to eat in. The food was decent but the music was so loud that we couldn't hear the staff when they were explaining menu options and repeating our order. Also it was so hot in there. I was hoping the staff got hazardous duty pay because they just looked sopping wet from sweat! Hopefully no one was overly dehydrated. I will say they still had fantastic attitudes for working in that envirnoment

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

The food, as always, is excellent! Good price for great food! The service was just ok today. I couldn't hear the server over the loud music, and I don't think he could hear me since he messed up my burrito twice. He immediately remedied the problem, though.