“AMAZING”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am not normally a fan of breakfast food but thus place was absolutely AMAZING!!! The pancakes were to die for. It tasted like a cake not a pancake. But you will wait awhile to get a seat. It is always packed. By the time it opened there was already a wait.....

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Most people go to this restaurant for the experience as well as the good food. It is a 1940's diner moved from New York to College station and is decorated with 1950s music theme. Its a casual place with not much seating so be sure that you get there early if you want to actually get seating in the diner (although there is lots of seating out back in a separate building). The menu is typical American but I really like the Roman Sausage and also the Philly Steak Sandwich; all reasonably prices. The waiters are always friendly and attentive. Worth a trip next time that you are in CS (but get there early!).

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I came back here about a week ago to have lunch. I realized how much I really like this place as soon as I came in. The wait staff is very pleasant and aware. The food was pretty good again. I had the philly cheesesteak which was ok but I didn't think it was as good as advertised. Overall I think this is a above average stop for lunch. You should go here if you have not been before.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is somewhere everyone should go at least once! Especially if you are an Aggie (Whoop!). I have been twice and both times my expectations were exceeded. The first time we did have to wait for quite awhile to eat but they have a bar area and a nice patio to wait on, and the wait was worth it. I got a breakfast burrito the size of a football and it was fantastic. The next time we went we got there right when it opened so we didn't have to wait as long. I got biscuits and gravy and they were the best I have ever had. HUGE portions for super cheap. Breakfast is what they are known for, so I would recommend trying that before anything else.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have been to Diner 3 times, this visit decided to try the spaghetti w/ meatballs - "just like Momma makes." Nope. The spaghetti came and it had not been drained - the bottom of the foam plate was full of water, which made the marina sauce a very runny red, watery sauce. Very skimpy on sauce - mostly a plate of mushy noodles in water. I never have sent something back to the kitchen, so this was my 1st time to do so. Got the chef salad as I didn't want to try the spaghetti sloush. And the salad was a nice size but while it had bread crumbs with garlic seasoning some of them oddly tasted like they had cinnamon. The diner makes giant cinnamon rolls, and the crumbs taste was so unusual it made me wonder if leftover rolls used as croutons for salad. ? Don't think we will go again - If I rated this visit on only the spaghetti, would have been poor rating.