“Superb steak house”
Review of The Republic

The Republic
Reserve with OpenTable
The Republic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Franklin, Tennessee
“Superb steak house”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I am not normally a fan of steak houses, considering most of them over rated. That being said, the dining experience at Republic may make me rethink that position. Do not be fooled by the location, or exterior, as you will find a very upscale experience when you enter this restaurant. We had a large party, eight people, and the service and food were impeccable. From the shrimp appetizers, to the entrees, to the diverse selection of after dinner beverages, this is one fine dining establishment. I can assure you that my palate will lead me to Republic every time I find myself in this area. Well done steak house (no pun intended)! I just wish I lived closer!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank TennesseeTraveler14

Dallas, Texas
“Great Bar with "Pour" Service”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

After a long week, my wife and I look forward to a Friday evening at the Republic bar. Not only does the dark wood feel and special lighting accents make for a relaxing atmosphere, a well-stocked bar and staff help to create a perfect evening to include generous pours and great appetizers. If you enjoy your steak rare, try the steak tar-tar; you wont be sorry. If you're into swimmers only, the deconstructed tuna tower is stellar as well! If wine and cheese is your thing, well, they have they covered too. The cheese plate is filled with multiple varieties and aligns well with any of the multiple wines available. Already looking forward to next week!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Tom S
Pomona, California
“Best Steak and Whiskey in Texas”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This place is exceptional! Their house bloody mary is unique and amazing. Also, I believe they are officially the largest whiskey bar in Texas, with dozens to choose from. I suggest trying the Japanese Whiskey; you won't be disappointed. The oysters are to die for. This place is full of little extras. Be sure to notice the smoked salt butter for the bread and the little pile of smoked salt on the corner of you steak plate. They smoke it themselves and it is wonderful. Dessert was of course heavenly. We happened to be with a large group so we sampled many menu items. All were exceptional. You must stop by your next time in College Station; your life will be better for it.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Doug G
Abilene, Texas
“Just Ok”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Took my family to dinner here. My daughters filet was charred, burnt tasting, on the outside. The inside was somewhat ok. The calamari was decent. Loved the roasted pepper sauce served with the calamari. Our salad was decent. I tried the pork tenderloin. It was just ok. I really expected much better food for the price. I probably will not try it here again. : (

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank 2sunnybeaches
College Station, Texas
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Food is excellent with a variety of tastes that complement the entree well. Service staff made excellent recommendation of wine to complement the meal. Portions not large but reasonable and filling. We shared two desserts 3 ways as we couldn't decide which to try. Rich and delish.

• Visited February 2014