“Fantastic Food, Amazing Staff”
Review of The Republic

The Republic
Reserve with OpenTable
The Republic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I have made this restaurant an annual event for his birthday, for the past few years. We went this past weekend and it did not disappoint! Shawn was our waiter and was absolutely fantastic. My husband had the oysters, deconstructed tuna, and rack of lamb. The tuna was the only thing I tasted and it was phenomenal. I highly recommend this and will be getting this all to myself next time!
We also shared calamari which was great as well.
I had the lobster bisque and a house salad. The lobster bisque is one of my favorite things on the menu. I have been ordering it for 4 years now. It reminds me of Maine and is absolutely perfect. When the house salad was brought to me I was worried by the amount of dressing on the salad. You can certainly tell the dressing is homemade and was not over-powerful at all.
My husband always gets a glass of Scotch to end his meal here. I urged him to try a new Scotch and Shawn made an awesome recommendation. I believe it was Ardberg and this was the first Scotch I have ever liked! It was great!
From the time we walked in to the time we left, we had a great experience. You can feel the pride the owners have in this restaurant. The food is amazing, the wait staff is organized, educated and enthusiastic and the atmosphere is superb.
Great job Republic!

1  Thank Kris L
There are newer reviews for The Republic

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Best food in town, or maybe anywhere for that matter. Hubs had a sesame crusted fish and I had the petite filet and they were both divine. The creamed spinach is to die for also. Who knew spinach could taste so good?? Loved the cocktails also. I highly recommend The Republic!

4  Thank kimmyintexas
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been here a number of times and usually for big occasions. We had our wedding reception here. It was a smallish event, 25 persons and the menu we were able to put together with the staff is still talked about by our friends after four years. Whether we are celebrating a big event or just want to be pampered, the food, drink and staff make us feel welcomed and satisfied.

4  Thank psu1alm
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Our steaks were cooked perfectly and were butter tender. We are very critical steak eaters and my dad said the bone in ribeye might have been the best steak he had ever eaten. I had the small filet and it was seared to perfection and was unbelievable tender. I tried the deconstructed tuna roll and it was just okay, but everything else was superb.

2  Thank Shana_Rancher
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Let me start by saying we have eaten here many times over the past several years. We used to live in College Station but moved and have been back a few times. We had business in the area recently and made reservations at The Republic -- we stayed at the Hilton and just walked to the restaurant.

We've consistently had great experiences at The Republic but this most recent visit was one of the best. From our attentive, friendly server to the amazing, perfect food - we had a wonderful evening celebrating our anniversary.

They have a wonderful wine selection. We had the Oysters Rockefeller & the Filet Mignon Tartare. Both were absolutely wonderful. We had never had either one before and our server was very helpful at making suggestions and explaining the menu items. These appetizers were amazing and I wish I had them right now!! We then split a Stacked Caesar. Honestly this was the most forgettable part of our meal. It was fine - just nothing really stood out about it. We had the Filet Mignon for dinner -- our steaks were cooked to perfection and I have always LOVED the four dipping sauces they provide with the steaks. Wonderful. We had the mac & cheese and mushrooms as sides. The mushrooms were great, very flavorful. The macaroni was just okay - my husband loves macaroni and thought it was a litlte bland. We had dessert as well - I can't remember the names of them but both desserts were amazing.

Overall, a very wonderful experience. Highly recommended!!! Great for special occasions. The bar area was busy as well, so looked like plenty of people came to enjoy some cocktails and appetizers. They had live music which was really nice.

We will definitely return whenever we have the chance!

2  Thank neverpromised