“The owner gave us the last bottle of his beer.”
Review of The Republic

The Republic
Reserve with OpenTable
The Republic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
BIRMINGHAM, ALA.
“The owner gave us the last bottle of his beer.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary last Friday night. This was our first time but it won't be our last. I expressed interest in trying the hand-crafted beers but was disappointed that they have stopped brewing at the restaurant and will be opening an off-site brewery. Our server took my disappointment to the owner and he came back and said, "I'M GOING TO MAKE YOUR DAY!!!" Then he proceeded to serve me the LAST BOTTLE of their Century-Tree barley-wine beer that was brewed in 2011. The label was all faded and torn. But, he uncored a heaven of brew creation. A rasberry, honey, double hops, sensational brew. The best bottle of beer I've ever had. Many, many thanks for a wonderful evening. We had shrimp, salads and a wonderful steak with succulent vegetables and finished off with dessert. "NO CHARGE" on the beer. What a wonderful evening. THANKS TO THE REPUBLIC.

2 Thank Leuken

College Station, Texas
“Best Steaks In Town!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hands down, there isn't a better steak in town..as it pertains to a fine dining experience. Also, their Bloody Mary is most excellent. They also have this sampler appetizer for when you aren't starving but you'd like to nibble and have a glass of wine. Just sit at the bar with your date or bff and enjoy some live jazz. I've never been a great fan of the decor for the seated dining area so I usually prefer to be seated at or near the bar. The bartenders are always so attentive and have excellent skills in producing the things you love, or getting you to try something new. Prices are on the high side, but the atmosphere is nice..and the food is top notch all the way. A real treat!

TexasCity,TX
“A Real Gem”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ate a fantastic meal at The REPUBLIC , Have a great menu which I found out comes from the "real foody" Owner, Nothing but the best for his customers as he trials his menu items. TO FIND TGHE BEST TASTE AND QUALITY .
Youll enjoy Chicken fry oysters , Rockefeller, and Rib-eye Steak plus Kingfish fillets way over the top . This is 10 star restaurant hiding hear in College Station

2 Thank REHolm
Tyler
“Very nice”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The service was excellent and the food was very good. I had shrimp and grits which is one of my favorites. Rarely find it on the menu. My son had a steak. Both were very good. Very nice atmosphere. Great place for a special occasion. Expensive, but good.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank 129thecatsmeow
“The Republic, overrated!!:(”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a group of nine, no problem, our appetizer of a deconstructed tuna roll had no taste and I could not understand the addition of potato, my husband had an 18oz ribeye once again no flavor, I had the redfish, which was actually snapper, on a bed of rice with corn and andouille it said it was risotto but it was just rice, our wine was good though, dessert menu was limited, we won't be back, way over priced!

• Visited July 2013