We took two rooms at this hotel for a weekend to attend a football game. Naturally, the prices were jacked up to ridiculous levels for the football game, but compared to other hotels in town, it was on the cheaper end of the spectrum. Both rooms were okay. The beds were clean and the linens were fresh. There was a long black hair on the bathroom floor of one of the rooms when we checked in, and it was there again the following day; obviously, the housekeeping did not clean the floor in the bathroom during our stay. One room smelled clean, but the other one had a decidedly unclean odor to it; perhaps the carpet needed to be shampooed.
The hotel offers a hot breakfast to guests, and it was tasty. The eggs were just right: neither too dry nor too runny, with sausages, waffles, cereals, and juices. We enjoyed breakfast a lot. One of the rooms was quite near University Street, so there was considerable traffic noise. Guests in the downstairs rooms can hear the guests in the rooms above them as they walk around. If possible, ask for an upstairs room in the back for maximum peace and quiet.
Each room offered a microwave oven, a mini-fridge, an iron and ironing board, and a coffee maker, so you have just about everything you need to feel at home. The hotel also provided each guest with individual bottles of water in the rooms, a nice touch after a long drive.
This motel has a swimming pool outside, but it was covered for the winter season.
The motel is located along a street with many chain restaurants and other hotels. Finding a restaurant nearby will not be a problem here. In fact, some are so close you can walk. The motel is also fairly close to shopping and Texas A&M University is just a bit further up University.
We could have stayed at a more deluxe motel and spent more money, but when we checked out we agreed that (for the money) this place was fine for what we needed: a clean, decent place to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy affordable accommodations on the road at the Days Inn University Drive in College Station, TX, minutes from Texas A&M University and the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum. We are situated near U.S. Highway 6 and offer quick, convenient access to an abundance of area attractions, including: The College Station Conference Center, Wolf Pen Creek Park & Amphitheater, Kyle Stadium at Texas A&M University, Post Oak Mall, Texas World Speedway. Discover the nearby D.A. "Andy" Anderson Arboretum, offering a variety of trails and picnic areas for outdoor recreation. An Abuelo's, Willie's Restaurant, Atami Steak and Sushi and Blue Baker are in walking distance of the property. Close proximity to area attractions, plentiful amenities and impeccable service ensure your stay at the Days Inn University Drive in College Station, TX will be memorable. We look forward to your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Days Inn College Station University Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge College Station Hotel College Station
- Best Western College Station