“Great experience, great food”
Review of Boneheads College Station - CLOSED

Boneheads College Station
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: A delightful alternative featuring a menu of delicious grilled fish and mouth-watering chicken. This fast/casual dining experience also includes an assortment of tacos, hamburgers, fried catfish/shrimp, salads and sandwiches as well as grilled vegetables.
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I was in College Station for a family event and we were all staying in the hotel across the street. We needed a place to eat dinner that would meet the various needs of everyone in the group: healthy, affordable, fairly quick, variety of menu options for all age ranges (age 7 to 83). I found this place by doing a quick search of reviews. It was also on the recommended list of restaurants that a local relative had provided, so my choice was made fairly simple. Not knowing what type of place it was (turns out it's fast casual), I called ahead to ask if we needed a reservation for 14 people. She said no, but she'd push together enough tables to seat us.

They have a great selection and everyone (from diverse backgrounds and food preferences) was able to find something. Staff was friendly and very patient with us as we ordered in multiple groups. Everyone liked their food. I had a hard time choosing. I wish they had a location in my state. As good as they are, I expect sometime they will.

The atmosphere was nice (I liked the art work and music). Despite that, given the menu, I would have almost expected a "real" restaurant rather than fast casual. We were on our way to a dress up event, so it felt a little strange eating there, but that's certainly not Boneheads fault!

After our meal, we decided to take a family photo by the large water fountain just outside the restaurant. I saw someone sitting at an outdoor table and asked if he'd mind taking the photos (using multiple cameras). He immediately said yes and was patient as we assembled. It turns out he worked at Boneheads. He must have been on a break. Another friendly and professional staff member!

5  Thank soloFemaleDenver

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Don't know why it took me so long to try this place. It's really good!! Have had several menu items and they all deliver! The service is good too and the manager/owner is always in the dining room checking up on patrons. Boneheads is definitely a diamond-in-the-rough in our overly-fried-massive-portions food community. A truly welcome addition!!

4  Thank ARTX2
Reviewed August 19, 2014

very clean restaurant, very friendly staff and good food. I had the hot piri piri half chicken with rice and grilled asparagus. It was very tasty. I enjoyed trying the various levels of heat of the sauces as well. Tried a friend's appetizer shrimp and it was delicious (fried shrimp in a sweet/spicy/creamy sauce served on Asian slaw).

2  Thank MaestraP
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Good fish tacos, inexpensive, great spot for lunch or a quick dinner. The piri piri sauce is really good. I recommend!

3  Thank SixOneZero
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The food there is awesome!Very flavorful.They give you a choice of different sauces that are both unique and complementary of your choice of real high quality fish,shrimp,or chicken although the recipes that they use do not require condiments and it would be a sin to put catsup on anything they serve.
The eating experience is easy and as fast as you want it to be.
The prices are reasonable and I'm so glad that I got past the quirky name and gave them a try.

3  Thank frank v