WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in College Station
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Large Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed a couple of nights for business, The room was very large and spacious. It was a warm day and the air conditioning worked well. I was in a room near the elevator and was staying the same week of a large group of athletes were in town for a swimming tournament. It was very quiet the entire stay!
I love the appearance of the hotel from the highway when they turn the green flood lights on at night.

I had two issues with this hotel. The first is that the entrance from the freeway had flooded so had to manuever around the water by using the bank driveway next door. The second was the desk failed to record the proper credit card number upon check in and used an old number that was in my priority club file. As a result, they locked me out of my room the morning I was scheduled to leave and the clerk announced loudly that my card was not good and I needed to give them a different one. I put this down to inexperience on the part of the clerk.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here overnight for a business trip. I was VERY surprised at how nice the place was. It was quiet, comfy beds (soft and firm pillows to choose from), Bath and Body works in bathroom, and the staff upon arrival were AMAZING. Very friendly and helpful. Nice touch for the small fridge in room. Very spacious and clean.
Would recommend to anyone and would stay here again. Only downfall would be parking space... they need a few more lights for my taste. All in all, wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Try to get one on the end. Really quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ennis, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for Aggie Parents' Weekend the weekend of April 12-13th. The hotel is very convenient in location, right off the highway and very nice exterior. Greeted promptly by two workers in the lobby and check-in was quick. The room was very nice, nice size as well, including the bathroom. A/C in the room worked GREAT, froze us out (which is how I like it!). Also, the bed was firm and very comfortable. Good water pressure, plenty of towels. The rooms even have a little "living area" with a couch, chair and extra TV and a small kitchen type area with a microwave, sink, fridge and coffee maker. The rooms I have no complaints with, and the staff was very nice. My only complaint was, for $239/night (all the hotels jack up their prices on premium weekends at A&M, I understand that), you would think they would provide a small complimentary breakfast of some type. The had omelettes, waffles, etc... like most other hotels in the area have, but we were alerted by the hostess that breakfast is $8.95/person. Really?? Come on, don't nickel and dime me (or DOLLAR me!). Every other chain I have stayed at has offered a comp. breakfast, some good, some not. This is my only complaint though, and I would stay again without hesitation, and I'll just go to Whataburger down the road for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim C
Lawrenceville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed there on business. The front desk staff was most congenial and check in went well. I found the bed to be rock hard and the air conditioning unit was quite loud, to the point where it woke you up in the middle of the night when it cut on. The restaurant was only mediocre. The room was a decent size and very clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Wes50,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am happy that you found our reception staff to be friendly. However, please accept my apologies that you were inconvenienced by the condition of the bed and air conditioning system. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and appropriate actions will be taken to rectify these unsatisfactory circumstances.

We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We attended a reception in their event center and it was beautiful! Our room was spacious and clean. The restaurant there at the hotel made it a great place to visit with friends and family over breakfast before we all headed home. Great stay!

• Stayed December 2012
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a relatively new property in College Station. It has a nice entrance/lobby area and there's a bar/restaurant on the premises. The room was large, clean, and comfortable - a nice change from other places I've stayed at in the area. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. All that I'm looking for in a hotel I'm staying in for business.

Kilgore, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Reservations were made for us by our company. Location ok but sits close to a housing project. Signs say to lock your cars and remove belongings....Saw kids in the back parking lot jumping the fence and coming onto the property when we returned from dinner. We were going to get ice and there was mold in our container. We took it to the front desk and ask for another one and they advised they would bring it to us. Two hours later we called and ask about it. Twenty minutes later a young man brought it to our room with ice in it, but no lid.....Also in the bathtub we found several strands of hair. I think this is just a housekeeping issue. Overall the one night stay was ok....I probably would stay here again, but would check my room as soon as I checked in for cleanliness....

Room Tip: Does not have continental breakfast. ( you have to buy in restaurant )
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear sunni014,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness, housekeeping and customer service. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.