“Nice hotel, great A/C but breakfast rip-off”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed here for Aggie Parents' Weekend the weekend of April 12-13th. The hotel is very convenient in location, right off the highway and very nice exterior. Greeted promptly by two workers in the lobby and check-in was quick. The room was very nice, nice size as well, including the bathroom. A/C in the room worked GREAT, froze us out (which is how I like it!). Also, the bed was firm and very comfortable. Good water pressure, plenty of towels. The rooms even have a little "living area" with a couch, chair and extra TV and a small kitchen type area with a microwave, sink, fridge and coffee maker. The rooms I have no complaints with, and the staff was very nice. My only complaint was, for $239/night (all the hotels jack up their prices on premium weekends at A&M, I understand that), you would think they would provide a small complimentary breakfast of some type. The had omelettes, waffles, etc... like most other hotels in the area have, but we were alerted by the hostess that breakfast is $8.95/person. Really?? Come on, don't nickel and dime me (or DOLLAR me!). Every other chain I have stayed at has offered a comp. breakfast, some good, some not. This is my only complaint though, and I would stay again without hesitation, and I'll just go to Whataburger down the road for breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tim C
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed there on business. The front desk staff was most congenial and check in went well. I found the bed to be rock hard and the air conditioning unit was quite loud, to the point where it woke you up in the middle of the night when it cut on. The restaurant was only mediocre. The room was a decent size and very clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Dear Wes50,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I am happy that you found our reception staff to be friendly. However, please accept my apologies that you were inconvenienced by the condition of the bed and air conditioning system. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and appropriate actions will be taken to rectify these unsatisfactory circumstances.

We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We attended a reception in their event center and it was beautiful! Our room was spacious and clean. The restaurant there at the hotel made it a great place to visit with friends and family over breakfast before we all headed home. Great stay!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This is a relatively new property in College Station. It has a nice entrance/lobby area and there's a bar/restaurant on the premises. The room was large, clean, and comfortable - a nice change from other places I've stayed at in the area. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. All that I'm looking for in a hotel I'm staying in for business.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Reservations were made for us by our company. Location ok but sits close to a housing project. Signs say to lock your cars and remove belongings....Saw kids in the back parking lot jumping the fence and coming onto the property when we returned from dinner. We were going to get ice and there was mold in our container. We took it to the front desk and ask for another one and they advised they would bring it to us. Two hours later we called and ask about it. Twenty minutes later a young man brought it to our room with ice in it, but no lid.....Also in the bathtub we found several strands of hair. I think this is just a housekeeping issue. Overall the one night stay was ok....I probably would stay here again, but would check my room as soon as I checked in for cleanliness....

Room Tip: Does not have continental breakfast. ( you have to buy in restaurant )
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear sunni014,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding cleanliness, housekeeping and customer service. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This HI was excellent - convenient location to access, but far enough away from the campus that it was quiet. We stayed here for just one night so our daughter could tour the A&M campus and I would definitely recommend it to others.

The room was spacious, really lovely, had lots of great amenities and spotlessly clean. The air conditioning worked well, especially since Texas seemed to be suffering a January heat wave. We had a connecting room for our daughters and that was really convenient. They especially liked the Bath & Body Works brand toiletries provided to them.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is modern, the rooms are very spacious and extremely well equipped. Check in was speedy. Parking I plentiful and well lighted.

Our room had a separate sitting and sleeping area with two TVs. The bathroom was good size and separated the sitting and sleeping areas. No complaints at all on the room.

Unfortunately breakfast in the hotel restaurant was disappointing. I had a coupon as a Platinum prioity club member but there is no buffet an the coupon is for only one specific selection on the menu no substations or changes allowed - really? Of course side orders were ridiculously priced $2.49 for one egg If I remember correctly so if you stay here expect a nice room but you may want plan on breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2012