“A Real Deal on a Hotel in C.S. TX”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland
Ranked #21 of 35 Hotels in College Station
San Antonio, Texas
“A Real Deal on a Hotel in C.S. TX”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This Holiday Inn was a very nice surprise. The room rate for Seniors was very attractive ( No Football Games that weekend). Our room was very large (Suite) and everything was top notch. From the Front Desk to the main lobby was very professional and very clean and nice. We ate breakfast on Saturday morning and the service was very good but the food was not as hot as I like it with the exception of the fried eggs. We will stay there whenever we visit family. a very good overall deal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TexasTravler45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Fredericksburg, VA
Reviewed September 23, 2012

They claim that they have shuttle to the airport, but they don't. They have it between 8 and 5 PM while most flights leave early in the morning and land late in the evening.

They also are not organized enough to set up a wakeup call which I did not get at 4AM. I almost missed my flight. Luckily I got up and had to rush out.

The so called GM Eddie Hernandez is rude, non accomodating and does not care about his customers.

Also, they are way out from downtown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear Shell S,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to College Station and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The location is great. Parking was pretty good for the weekend parents were moving their children in with U-hauls.
The room was nice enough. The floors in the bathroom could have used a deep cleaning. The problem was that the A/C is old and you cannot really get comfortable. It gets very hot before it turns on. By that time you are awake and clammy. Then the fan blows cold air on you until you are chilled. Repeat every hour! There is a thermostat on the wall, but an old fashioned window type unit for the room.
Having stayed at several Holiday Inn and Suites, we assumed that the breakfast buffet was complimentary. My spouse was surprised when presented with a bill for 8,95 for a below average breakfast.
Would not stay here again unless there was no other place.

• Stayed August 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Aurablues,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your wonderful comment regarding our location and the room.

However, We’re sorry about the air conditioning and the poor selection of breakfast. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hagerstown, MD
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Very surprised at how nice this hotel is. Great value and large rooms. Close to everything. Staff was very pleasant. Nice and quiet. I would definately stay here again. The rooms were quite comfortable.

• Stayed August 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I'm always leery about writing a review in the midst of the trip, but barring any unforeseen disasters I have to say that I've been nothing but impressed by this hotel. We've had awesome customer service (I think the front desk associate's name was Amber? Anyway, she was fantastic.), the hotel is extremely clean, and the rooms include a fridge, microwave, and counter top/cabinet area that's great for keeping snacks on the road. While the bathrooms are somewhat small, the space is very usable, and additionally there are guest laundry facilities on some of the floors, which at $2.00 to wash and dry a full load are extremely reasonable. Overall, I've been extremely pleased, and I will plan to stay in this hotel again upon return trips to College Station.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank leb9898
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed June 22, 2012

On the positive side my room was clean and well maintained. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. On the negative side the fitness room was small. It contained 3 pieces of outdated equipment , no free weights or weight machine and there wasn't any room to do floor exercises. Luckily it is a safe neighborhood to run in and a beautiful park is located just down the street. The other really odd thing is that my end of the hallway smelled like body odor. Maybe it was me?? Also, The AC unit was so loud that when it ran I had to turn up the volume on the TV so much that when the AC stopped running the volume about blew me out of the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Joshua
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The hotel is clean and fairly quiet. But when we called to make a reservation, they booked us for the wrong night. When we showed up - no reservation. Later when I checked my credit card bill, they billed us for the night we stayed and their erroneous booking. It took 2 months, a letter, a dozen or more phone calls and writing a bad review before they admitted their mistake and corrected it. Not worth the stress of staying there. Double check your credit card statements. Holiday Inn Corporate office was no help in this matter.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family