“Spacious room and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in College Station
West Palm Beach
“Spacious room and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Finding a good hotel room when faced with the usual assortment of "chain choices" really comes down to personal preference. I looked for location and a decent size room.

This property is very centrally located and only 8 miles from the Bush Library and a few miles from Bryan Texas which has some good dining choices. It sits off the main road but I heard no noise at all. My room was large, clean and a bit dated. Two older Tv's (no flat screens but a really good selection of channels) and a clean bathroom with a shower which had adequate water pressure.

Like most chain properties in this class, the A/C is by the window, meaning it is not central A/C. It was 107 outside so the A/C was on and not on auto all night and it kept the room very cool and comfortable. Just be aware that it is right next to the bed and if you are a light sleeper you will notice it.

The hotel has pleanty free parking and two computers with free internet access (thank you Holiday Inn). The staff is what makes the difference at this property. They smile, make you feel welcome and ask if you need anything. Breakfast choices are fairly standard but pricing is very (and I mean very) reasonable. A good choice for business travelers and actually anyone spending a day or two in Aggie country.

Room Tip: Get a suite for extra room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bryan, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have nothing but praise for this hotel. we only stayed one night but it was lovely and breakfast was amazing.

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

We have stayed in many hotels in College Station and this is one of the nicest. The rooms are extremely large with microwave, refrigerator. Our breakfast was included, but I had to remind the front desk to give me a coupon for it. Upon check in, the front desk had two people. The person that helped us was good ; however, the other man was on his phone and not helpful at ALL to the next guest. He was rude. I was embarrassed that a parent of a new student who needed help in Aggieland was treated so rudely by the staff. I tried to help the guest. Otherwise, the stay was nice and comfortable.

1 Thank cjg2901
Richmond, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here the night before A&M graduation. Hotel seemed relatively new and in good shape. It is located at Southwest Parkway & Rudder Freeway so it's not hard to find. The parking was not adequate for the guest the night we stayed there. Granted there were 3 buses and a couple of UHaul trailers but we had to park at the adjoining hotel parking lot which was not convenient at all. When we came into the lobby at 1:30 AM and told the girl at the desk there were no parking spaces available for us to park she did not seem concerned. We asked if we could park out front in the driveway, where there was plenty of room, she told me no and told us to park at the adjoining hotel parking lot. She said she would report the parking situation to someone in the morning. A lot of good that did for us! Then when went down for breakfast at 10 AM to the restaurant they had, it was closed. When I inquired about when the restaurant closed, I was told 9:30 AM. Seems a bit early for a hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: The double queen room was a good size and could be closed off from the sitting area with a door if n...
1 Thank hikintex
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I had a confirmation in writing for this hotel (weeks in advance!) and when I arrived, found that they had downgraded my room without notifying me. No offer of an additional room and the night auditor "Donald" and the evening desk clerk were incredibly rude and their attitude was "this is not our problem!!" No integrity...no professionalism.

• 2 of 5 stars
Los Lunas, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was in College Station on business and my employer had booked us into this hotel both for our stay and for our meeting. I took my wife along and we had a wonderful stay. The hotel was excellent and the staff was even better than that. The hotel room was very neat, clean and attractively decorated.

Michelle Moats, who took care of all our business meeting needs, was exceptional. She was so well organized and was very responsive to our every need. She went the extra mile to see that my wife had what she needed, even tho she wasn't part of the meeting. The night front desk manager that week went the extra mile for us when we needed some assistance loading and securing our pickup with some furniture we bought that week. He certainly didn't need to help, but as with the rest of the staff at the hotel, he was willing to go the extra mile for the guest.

We recommend this hotel wholeheartedly both for leisure and business stays.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We left a conference in south Houston spent two hours in the famous traffic that city is known for. We had hoped to make it back to Dallas but it was late so right out of the traffic nightmare I started looking for a good hotel. Based on my last positive Holiday Inn experience We set out for the closest location.

We checked in late and had the pleasure of meeting the friendly night manager James, he was quick to get us set-up in an very roomy suite. He could tell by our look we were road worn and we told him we were hungry. At his suggestion and because we were too tired to find any other place we tried the down stairs restaurant. I didnt have high expectations.

He said the chicken fried steak was amazing. Ok, he was young so what did he know I thought. Well I jumped and put in an order, I have to say it was over the top good. Even the mashed potatoes and cream gravy was amazing. Down right cheap prices to, I was shocked! This was perfect, we had already spent hours in the car so to get quality food without having to leave the hotel was perfect.

I spend lots of time at hotels but with this location I was really impressed by the kindness of the staff, the large suites with ice cold air conditioner (an important feature in the Texas summer) flat screen cable and now the food quality, Holiday Inn...you guys are doing it right, Three cheers!

At check in ask for the hours of the restaurant, its really pretty good, not a big wait and the food is really good and fast!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business