“Really Nice, great staff”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Aggieland
Ranked #19 of 36 Hotels in College Station
Bryan, Texas
“Really Nice, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have nothing but praise for this hotel. we only stayed one night but it was lovely and breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

We have stayed in many hotels in College Station and this is one of the nicest. The rooms are extremely large with microwave, refrigerator. Our breakfast was included, but I had to remind the front desk to give me a coupon for it. Upon check in, the front desk had two people. The person that helped us was good ; however, the other man was on his phone and not helpful at ALL to the next guest. He was rude. I was embarrassed that a parent of a new student who needed help in Aggieland was treated so rudely by the staff. I tried to help the guest. Otherwise, the stay was nice and comfortable.

1 Thank cjg2901
Richmond, Tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here the night before A&M graduation. Hotel seemed relatively new and in good shape. It is located at Southwest Parkway & Rudder Freeway so it's not hard to find. The parking was not adequate for the guest the night we stayed there. Granted there were 3 buses and a couple of UHaul trailers but we had to park at the adjoining hotel parking lot which was not convenient at all. When we came into the lobby at 1:30 AM and told the girl at the desk there were no parking spaces available for us to park she did not seem concerned. We asked if we could park out front in the driveway, where there was plenty of room, she told me no and told us to park at the adjoining hotel parking lot. She said she would report the parking situation to someone in the morning. A lot of good that did for us! Then when went down for breakfast at 10 AM to the restaurant they had, it was closed. When I inquired about when the restaurant closed, I was told 9:30 AM. Seems a bit early for a hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: The double queen room was a good size and could be closed off from the sitting area with a door if n...
1 Thank hikintex
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

I had a confirmation in writing for this hotel (weeks in advance!) and when I arrived, found that they had downgraded my room without notifying me. No offer of an additional room and the night auditor "Donald" and the evening desk clerk were incredibly rude and their attitude was "this is not our problem!!" No integrity...no professionalism.

Los Lunas, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

I was in College Station on business and my employer had booked us into this hotel both for our stay and for our meeting. I took my wife along and we had a wonderful stay. The hotel was excellent and the staff was even better than that. The hotel room was very neat, clean and attractively decorated.

Michelle Moats, who took care of all our business meeting needs, was exceptional. She was so well organized and was very responsive to our every need. She went the extra mile to see that my wife had what she needed, even tho she wasn't part of the meeting. The night front desk manager that week went the extra mile for us when we needed some assistance loading and securing our pickup with some furniture we bought that week. He certainly didn't need to help, but as with the rest of the staff at the hotel, he was willing to go the extra mile for the guest.

We recommend this hotel wholeheartedly both for leisure and business stays.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

We left a conference in south Houston spent two hours in the famous traffic that city is known for. We had hoped to make it back to Dallas but it was late so right out of the traffic nightmare I started looking for a good hotel. Based on my last positive Holiday Inn experience We set out for the closest location.

We checked in late and had the pleasure of meeting the friendly night manager James, he was quick to get us set-up in an very roomy suite. He could tell by our look we were road worn and we told him we were hungry. At his suggestion and because we were too tired to find any other place we tried the down stairs restaurant. I didnt have high expectations.

He said the chicken fried steak was amazing. Ok, he was young so what did he know I thought. Well I jumped and put in an order, I have to say it was over the top good. Even the mashed potatoes and cream gravy was amazing. Down right cheap prices to, I was shocked! This was perfect, we had already spent hours in the car so to get quality food without having to leave the hotel was perfect.

I spend lots of time at hotels but with this location I was really impressed by the kindness of the staff, the large suites with ice cold air conditioner (an important feature in the Texas summer) flat screen cable and now the food quality, Holiday Inn...you guys are doing it right, Three cheers!

At check in ask for the hours of the restaurant, its really pretty good, not a big wait and the food is really good and fast!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

I stayed here recently visiting my aggie brother and his wife. I normally stay with him but his house was already crowded.

I could tell the city was busy with some kind of sporting event because I passed many out of town school buses. The hotel was in the greatest location! It wasn't far at all from University Rd/restaurant row, but I didn't want to stay around all of the traffic and noise anyway!

I got to town early and wasn't sure how to kill 4hrs until normal check in time, but the guy at the front desk was so nice and let me check in anyway. Very much appreciated!

No problems with the room at all. Very comfortable beds! Very clean, no complaints at all. I only called down once to get two more pillows and a toothbrush. I think the front desk girl was alone but she was still at my door with the pillows and toothbrush within 5min! Impressive!

If I visit College Station again I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2011