I stayed with my family at the Quality Suites in College Station in early October. This appears to be a relatively new hotel, which is located toward the south end of the city.
We selected the hotel based upon price and others' on-line ratings. Overall, I have to give this hotel an average rating.
Hotel staff & management are extremely nice and eager to please. We were greated warmly upon arrival and then again every time we departed/returned.
The breakfast was good. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffle makers, juices (not in a machine), yogurt, a wide variety of breads and donuts.
Rooms were HUGE. We had two double-queen rooms. The rooms have microwaves and small fridge (did not use). Room has a pull-out sofa in the room, along with executive chair/desk/desk chair, in a sitting area. The room had 4 lamps. I wish that we had had just one room for 5 family members--we would have been easily accommodated. Bathrooms were okay--nothing special.
Free Wi-Fi. However, it was not stable, and dropped about every 15 mins. Very frustrating.
Location/access. The hotel is located near the far south end of College Station. While everything in B/CS is technically within reasonable driving distance, the hotel wasn't the most convenient place from which to quickly reach the universtiy. We also had some initial frustration trying to get places from hotel.
Room Environment. Room A/C is loud (white noise) and blowing ALL the time. Also, not sure of cause, but both rooms had musty/stale smell. It wasn't over powering, and we ultimately elected not to change rooms. However, we were reminded of this everytime we returned. In one of our rooms, housekeeping had placed a de-humidifier in the room. Not sure why: water in carpet??
Beds/Pillows. Three of the five family members complained that the bed was uncomfortable; the eldest child thought it was the "most awesome bed" he's ever slept on. The pillows are relatively small and kneaded into preferred shape. However, three of us did not like the pillows for this reason, preferring larger/"fluffier" pillows. I suppose it is a matter of preference. In this case, I'm writing, so it is a con.
I haven't stayed in College Station before, so I don't know how this hotel compares to others. However, I will probably try other locations in future UNLESS we are all traveling together (since room accommodates 5).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Suites® is ideally located with easy access from Highway 6, just four miles from Texas A&M University. This College Station, TX hotel is convenient to popular area attractions like the Reed Arena sports and entertainment venue, Texas World Speedway, the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, Messina Hof Winery and the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Quality Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn College Station
- Quality Hotel College Station