“Great Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Helotes, United States
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Was there for a one night stay in early May. The room was spacious and clean. The complimentary breakfast exceeded my expectations. There was a great variety of items including eggs, toast, fruit, cereal, danish, juice, coffee/tea, and make your own waffles in the shape of Texas--of course! I will likely stay here again on my next visit to Aggieland.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

HWGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton College Station, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We greatly appreciate your kind remarks! Our kitchen staff works very hard to ensure our guest are pleased and I appreciate you recognizing their efforts! Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance to you, we look forward to having you as our guest in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
College Station, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have paid $180 for a room in cities with tourist appeal. I have paid $180 to stay in a city with little tourist appeal but the room/experience was worth the high cost. My stay in the Homewood Suites was neither a pleasurable tourist experience nor a high quality stay. There is no way that a hotel with thin walls, bad food, unprofessional dining room service, and cheap coffee in College Station, TX should be charging $180. To top it off, I was called away due to my daughter being in the ER. I had to cancel my second night at the Suites, and I was charged the full price of $180.....despite the fact that most of my associates were paying only $120 for their rooms (conference rate).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Erika A
HWGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton College Station, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We appreciate you sharing your comments. As you and I discussed you actually did receive the group rate for the one night that was booked under the group block, your second night was booked outside of the group and was at our weekend rate of $149. I regret that we have been playing phone tag however will email you today regarding the charges you incurred, typically when a guest checks out past our normal check out time we can do a 1/2 day rate however past 5pm there is no one to clean that room to resell so we do charge a full night. In the event of an emergency however we certainly want to work with you on that so I will be in touch. We have many guest from the department at Texas A&M University you were visiting, we hope that you will give us another try when visiting College Station.
Lewisville, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

In January I made a reservation at this hotel for the 2 bedroom suite. I made this reservation 3 months in advance knowing Homewood Suites has very few 2 bedroom suites in each of it's hotels (usually only 1 or 2 in each hotel) I recieved a confirmation email and reserved with a credit card.

When we arrived on April 20 (at 2:30 in the afternoon - not late at night after they might have been thinking we would not arrive at all), we were told "the people in the room last night decided to stay on an extra night so the room is not available for you even tho you have a confirmed reservation" . Then I was informed that "They would put us in separate rooms - BUT THEY WOULD BE VERY NICE and NOT CHARGE US EXTRA to do so" I could not believe they said that. All hotels in the area were booked up or I would have gone to another hotel.

I have tried to extend my stay in other hotels and have been refused because the room was booked. Why does this hotel not follow that policy?

This hotel was a decent hotel - clean, and the food was ok, just don't expect to trust them to have a room even if you have a confirmed reservation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Erika F, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton College Station, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent trip. I appreciate your flexibility as we experienced a nonstandard situation. I have contacted our front office department in regards to your comments and we are evaluating our policies and procedures. I do hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel.
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel many times across the years. It is clean, comfortable, quiet, and safe. The breakfast is much better than average. The staff is friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Erika F, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton College Station, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are very happy that you are satisfied with our hotel and our breakfast items. Our team appreciates your kind words and enjoy providing you with exceptional customer service. We are very thankful for your loyalty to our hotel and cannot wait to see you next time!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

During our trip to College Station, we stayed at the Homewood Suites for the second time. The location is ideal. We found the rates to be reasonable for a suite and the staff to be friendly. The breakfast was excellent. A nice variety of tasty foods. The hotel was full the night we stayed there as there several sports tournaments in town. The staff rose to the occasion. We will certainly stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you do not need a handicapped accessible room, don't stay in Room 101. We did not need the h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Erika F, Assistant General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton College Station, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are very happy that you were pleased with our staff and enjoyed our breakfast items. We do our best to provide exceptional customer service and offer delicious items for all of our guests! We hope that you continue to choose our hotel for future visits to College Station so that we may exceed your expectations and make every stay memorable!
Brownwood, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Pros :
We just spent a week at the Homewood Suites in College Station and I have to report that the room was very comfortable even though it was next to the elevator. When I was in the sitting room I could hear the elevator but it was not a distraction which amazed me considering the proximity of the room to the elevator. We both like a quiet bedroom with a comfortable bed and plenty of pillows and were very satisfied. The suite was spotless when we moved in and was kept that way all week long.

Breakfast was about as good as self service breakfast can be with plenty of choices of hot foods which changed each day along with the standard fare of breads, yogurt, fruits, cereals, fruit juices and coffee, tea or milk. I did not see anything amiss and the area was kept spotless and well served by the two ladies on duty there.

Cons:
My wife was in the room most of the time in the day while I was away tending to business so she got bored with the poor selection of TV channels provided on the Direct TV connection in the room and she reported that the dishwasher was very loud and that she generally left the room while it was running to get away from its’ noise. I was quiet bored with the TV selections at night as the choices were very limited for me as well.

For whatever reason cell phone reception is always a challenge in this hotel but the room we were in just did not have cell service that was good enough to allow a cell phone conversation to work. Of course the room has a land line in it which gives one the privilege of paying for outgoing calls.
The Wi-Fi was very slow and one night I gave up trying to log in because it was just taking too long. Normally one can down load email and do searches on the web but there is no reason to attempt to watch You Tube, Netflix or MLB on your computer because the system is just too limited for them to work either in the day and or at night.

Summation:
We will continue to stay here when in College Station because the room is so comfortable, the breakfast is very good and the staff is outstanding. We just wish the Wi-Fi and TV selections were better.

Room Tip: If you're very sensitive to noise stay away from the outside doors and if you're hypersensit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HWGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton College Station, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We greatly appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please know that we are in the process of working with our Direct TV Provider as well as our Internet Provider to resolve your concerns. We realize you have many choices when visiting College Station and we are happy you chose us to be your home away from home.
Brea, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I only had one night in this lovely hotel...but the memory of that bed caused me to rush right home and find one just like it. It was the quintessential cuddle up with a good book and read type of bed. It stood about 2 1/2 feet up, so that rather than falling down into the bed, I simply moved over and onto the bed. Giant, fluffy pillows, warm sheets. Oh it was so dreamy.

The room itself was really nice. A small kitchenette loaded with snacks, including microwave popcorn, at no charge. A great living room area with a lovely work station.

The ladies who work in the little breakfast cafe do such a lovely job. The area was clean and well maintained. They were quick to clear away and add new items to the buffet. They were so good, I went back into the kitchen to let them know how I felt.

Only downside was the pool was outside and not heated. So no swimming for me.

Overall, I really had a lovely time. If I get a chance to go back and visit the Aggies again, this will be the place I call to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and to brag about our wonderful beds! We are thrilled to provide you a comfy and restful place to stay while visiting College Station. We hope to see you again soon!