“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The room was spacious and clean and the staff very very friendly. The kitchen in the suite is well equipped and helped a lot. The "welcome dinner" was very nice. There was some annoyances with noisy steps from the room above mine and the noise from the AC, but I would stay in the hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Rooms were nice, comfortably and clean. We had three service problems:
1. The first morning I alerted the staff to the fact that the water in the exercise room was empty. I was told it would be attended to. Next day it wasn't. I alerted another person the next day. I was told it would be attended to. Next day, it wasn't. I gave up.
2. We told staff early on that our room had a drippy/leaky faucet in the shower. We were told it would be attended to. After our 4-day stay, it was not; never attended to.
3. We had access to only half (or less) of the listed TV stations. I asked at the desk about this. I was told there was some programming necessary due to a change. OK. However, with all the other changes, it all added up.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank David C
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

As a Hilton Diamond member, I have found Homewood Suites to be a good choice for my one week business trips. There is a full kitchen, so I don't have to eat out every night, and sometimes the free dinners are decent and healthy enough for me to eat in. I love the free wine. The studio rooms are laid out better than the 1BR, and are spacious.

This Homewood Suites is one of the better ones in the US. It is new and modern. Housekeeping was excellent - with the rooms being uber-clean, and staff were great. The location is close to many restaurants (and other hotels), and was convenient to where I was working for the week. The food was good, and I did eat in two nights of the week I was there at the evening reception - the other nights menu did not appeal. I had takeout at the nearby sushi place (which was good), and a fine dining experience at Christopher's - a few miles away. I even went for walks in the evening - as the area is very safe. I loved renting a DVD from Redbox and seeing it on a big screen (rather than my laptop) as they provide a DVD player in the room. All in all - not a negative thing to say and enjoyed myself.

Room Tip: High up and in back.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
HWGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton College Station, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our Homewood Suites by Hilton in College Station. We value your opinion and appreciate your efforts to recognize our hotel staff as well as our excellent surroundings. I realize that as a Diamond Member you travel quite often and have high expectations, please allow us to serve you again any time you are in College Station.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

We have stayed in this hotel many times and have had no issues. Last night was the worst night that I've stayed in a hotel in a long while and we travel weekly.
I'm not sure what was up with the AC in the dreaded ROOM 105 but the vents slammed together at such a rate and level of sound that we thought at 3 am that it was pouring down rain and it was hitting our window. After convincing ourselves of that we fell back to sleep.
However, everytime the compressor kicked on - the outside vent is right next to the window - it was as if a train was coming through the wall - seriously. If you've ever been in a house next to a RR crossing - this is what it was like.
The hotel is clean and beds are comfy. We are chalking this one up to poor maintenance and a bad luck of the draw as far as rooms are concerned.
We will stay here again

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Your satisfaction is very important to us as we try hard to ensure each guest has a rewarding experience at our hotel. We regret that you were not satisfied with your room placement and will be reaching out to you to further discuss the situation. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will consider us again when visiting College Station.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Had a much better experience!!! As always, the beds are super comfortable. The room was updated with flat screen televisions. Enjoyed the one bedroom king suite. We were there on a Friday night, so there was no evening meal; however, the breakfast was really good and fresh with two kinds of scrambled eggs. Front desk clerk was super nice. We usually stay at the Hilton. Glad we gave this hotel another try and it will be our preferred hotel in College Station!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

A great experience, the front staff were very friendly and energetic, The hotel was exceptionally clean (even though there was renovation being done at the time). The room was quite comfortable, plenty of pillows. Food was pretty good. Would definitely stay again and highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I have never been in a place were the staff was so friendly and so professional. the suites are nice and big and they are doing renovations i got one of the remodel rooms and it was PERFECT. I was here for business the thrid week of agust and the remodel did not affect my stay at all. the girl at check in was very friendly and fast she was very easy to talk to. the reception was wonderful! this will be my hotel of choice every time when i come to college station.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business