“Great Burgers, Smells Like a Frat House”
Review of Dixie Chicken

Dixie Chicken
Ranked #15 of 295 Restaurants in College Station
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 2, 2012

If I were reviewing this purely on food it would be a 4 or 5. If were based purely on the atmosphere it would be a 1 or 2. First and foremost for those who have never been, the Dixie Chicken is predominantly a burger joint so don't be fooled by the name. The burgers were great. Well prepared, plump and juicy full of flavor and reasonably priced for the amount you receive. The place is a college hang out so expect it to be jam packed on weekends and particularly after A&M home football games. I would definitely recommend going once if for no other reason to say you have. As for the atomosphere, it is an older, hole in the wall, college town type place and my biggest problem is that it smelled like a frat house on Sunday morning. The stench of dried beer was overwhelming and we were there early enough in the afternoon that it should not have been that bad. I am not sure I would ever go back but overall I am glad I did ONCE.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

If you are only to go to one restaurant/bar in Bryan/College Station. this is the one. Just something special about it that is hard to describe. Maybe it is finding someone famus that 'carved their name into the wood at the chicken', or maybe it is carving your own name into the wood. Cold beer, country music, and just a cool atmosphere, kind of like Luckenbach, but in the middle of a city.

Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

The kids wanted to eat here but when we walked in the smell knocked us down! Im not sure what it was, old grease, burnt grease or old chicken. Most of us had to go outside because of the smell. The whole place just looked & felt nasty. We will not be back!

1  Thank Queeny259
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We were from out of town and was referred to Dixie Chicken as one of the best places in town that had the best "Chicken Fried Steak". I suppose if you consider premade "boxed" chicken fried steak from Sysco the best, I certainly have a different opinion.

The mes bathroom smelled worse than an over heated porta potty. Be prepared to hold your breath while you are in there.

Overall...the place is NOT clean and the food is prefab!!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

great food. love goin there when im on campus. cant wait to goo back.