“Yummy but disappointed”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Lovelady, Texas
“Yummy but disappointed”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I had to drive here (2 hours) for an appointment and was really looking forward to having a shepherd's pie for lunch only to find they had removed it from the menu at THIS particular location. I was extremely disappointed as I'd been thinking about it for days. I don't eat out often, so it was going to be a big treat for me. The staff tried like crazy to help me out and talk them in to making me one for lunch (and I was going to order 2 to go), but it didn't work out. The manager was so very sweet to come and tell us everything they use in it, so I'm hoping maybe now I can make one on my own at home some time. She couldn't give us the recipe, but she did her best by giving us the ingredients. Overall everything was wonderful, the staff was over and above. I highly recommend this location! :)

Visited June 2014

Texas
“Favorite Place to Eat in College Station”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I love to eat at Cheddar's in College Station!! The staff is so friendly and helpful. The food is always fresh and delicious. I love their barbeque salad! The prices are very fair and affordable. The restaurant is always full so that is a great sign. Many locals eat there. I am from another city in Texas so I try to eat there whenever I am in College Station. This restaurant is the best!

• Visited March 2014
“Great service, food, price”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent place to dine. All entrees are value priced and tasty. Always have a great meal there. The steak is also very good and cooked to my satisfaction (med rare).
The menu has a wide variety of items. Try the onion rings for an appetizer. The asian salad is also to die for.
Always a great place to eat at a reasonable price

• Visited May 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Good Food at a Great Price”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Well, my title certainly describes how I felt after dining at Cheddar's. I had the chicken pot pie, and enjoyed every bite (even though I couldn't finish it since the serving size was so generous). Each bite had chunks of chicken, they certainly hadn't skimped. Even with drinks and an appetizer, the bill for three was very reasonable. I certainly want to go back the next time I am in College Station.

• Visited April 2014
College Station, Texas
“Consistently among the best”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Cheddar's has a wide variety of American food and twists on other favorites - most of which are or taste like they are made from scratch. We have never had anything that wasn't good, and best of all the prices are beyond compare. What other sit down restaurant can 2 people eat for less than $20? For example burgers are under $5 - that is less than a lot of good fast food restaurants.

Don't pass on tasting the delicious honey croissants! Service is typically very good, and we have never visited when we had to wait very long.

• Visited March 2014