“Real service”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wellborn Rd.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This place does not look like much from the outside. Inside a real charm. Great food and great service. Pizza was fresh and tasty. Good wine list and the soup was amazing. Worth a detour to experience this place. Ask for Coco. He is a great server.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The signs in the lobby tout this place as having the best desserts in the Brazos Valley. The strawberry tart is awesome. The pizza is pretty good as well.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have been going to Café Eccell since I was an undergrad at Texas A&M University. While a student, this was a place that your parents would take you to if you were lucky enough. It was a better upgrade than the basic Chili’s or Cheddar’s and is a non-chain type of restaurant. I have gone back to Café Eccell many times since graduating, mainly because of the good food, nice atmosphere, and close location (1 block away from campus on Northgate). Even though the food and atmosphere are good, I thought their menu prices could be addressed. Their main customer base is students and our families of students. Mom and Dad like to take jr out for a Sunday evening meal, but don’t want to have to chose between the $25 steak or the $27 house special. They have always offered brick over pizza and continue to offer such a good valued delight. I noticed that they have changed their menu since the last time I have been there (for the better). They offer more student and family friendly menu selections and pricing.
I had the chicken club and was extremely satisfied with the flavor, serving size, and pricing. I love ice tea and their ice tea is very good. Since it was my first time back to Aggieland in a couple of years, I celebrated with an apple cinnamon martini – amazing. Café Eccell also offers a wide range of wines, cocktails, and beer. Our server did an excellent job in providing great table service. She also let us know that since we ate there, we could leave our car in their parking lot (for free) while we attend the football game. This saved us about $15-20 for not having to re-park. Café Eccell is about one mile from Kyle Field.
If you haven’t gone to Café Eccell or haven’t been in a while, it is time to go. You get the same great tasting food at better pricing. Gig’em.

1  Thank Ironman09
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Love Cafe Eccell especially after A&M football games. Good wine list and specialty pizzas. Hamburger is not bad as well if you are not into Italian. We hit this location frequently and it has also been known to host a couple that has a very special library in the area.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

One of our favorite places in College Station. Consistently excellent food, great service and wonderful atmosphere. They offer several appetizers that are excellent. There are many choices from Chilean Sea Bass to pasta to seafood enchiladas... so many choices... so hard to choose. Appetizers, salads, soups, gourmet sandwiches, pasta, fresh fish, dessert and more are yummy!!!