“Great service and food”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wellborn Rd.
Kingwood, Texas
“Great service and food”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely restaurant with wonderful service and excellent food. This was our first time visiting CS and our first meal here. Great menu ith lots of choices. And the strawberry tart was worth every calorie!

TX
“A regular place for lunch and dinner”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

There are so many things we like here. We always take family, even the kids. This is a perfect place for an adventurous eater who will share off your plate. Older kids can order a brick oven pizza and have left overs or a sandwich (reasonably priced). We like their appetizer plates (hummus, cheeses, olives, etc). The corn chowder is some of the best I have had; and the salads are also super. In fact I have not had anything here that I have not loved. The portabella sandwich is great, the fish entrees are always excellent; and the sides are prepared with each entree in mind. It is all good. It can be a little loud and is sometimes cold. My father -in-law wears hearing aids and we have had to ask for quiet seating areas. But that is the only issue we have ever had. Even when it is noisy for us though it is not even close to Roadhouse or other chains. There are always quiet areas available. We have lived here for nearly 20 years and we go back time and time again.

Visited November 2012
Kerrville, Texas
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We eat at Cafe Eccell on every trip to CS. It is always great. We took family here right before Christmas and they were all very impressed with the food. I ordered the portobello mushroom sandwich and it was very flavorful. It was a little bit salty for my taste but, otherwise, the flavors were great. Several at the table ordered the tacos and said they were wonderful.

The service is always great at Cafe Eccell and this visit was no exception. I am anxious to return again because the Fall/Winter menu has so many wonderful items on it and I want to try them all.

• Visited December 2012
College Station, Texas, United States
“awww - the dessert!!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is one of my favorite places and relatives always remember us taking them there and want to go back. My kids have given me two surprise parties here as it's their favorite also - such a wide variety of high scale delicious food, wine, and desserts are to die for!!

College Station, Texas
“One of my favorite restaurants”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

First, you can't leave Eccell without enjoying their famous strawberry tarts. Their menu is eclectic; my favorite is the pear Gorgonzola salad, but the wood fired pizzas are out of this word. When George Bush visits College Station, I hear this is one of his faves, too!

Visited May 2012