“It's just o.k.”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Normangee, Texas
“It's just o.k.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have eaten there twice in the past month. Once take-out and the last time dine in. From both my perspective and my wife's, it was mediocre ,at best. The brisket had decent flavor, but it was dry. The jalapeno cheese sausage was good though. The sides, rice and broccoli casserole, and mac and cheese were terrible. How you mess up those two sides I don't know, but they did. The cheese on both of them was runny and tasted like it came straight out of one of the gallon cans you get at Sam's. Zero flavor. The pinto beans were cooked well, but no flavor or seasoning. Neither, Potato salad or Cole slaw were available. One, if not both, are always available at most all BBQ joints. All in all, it was a very disappointing dining experience. We definitely will NOT go back.

• Visited April 2014

College Station, Texas
“Good little BBQ spot”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was my first visit to C&J in years - when we are in College Station, we usually hit Rudy's, but C&J's location is very convenient if traveling TX-30, so we stopped in for a quick bite.

I recalled the turkey being one of my favorites but on this visit just opted for a sausage wrap which was quite tasty as were the loaded mashed potatoes. I look forward to going back for a more extensive visit in the future.

• Visited March 2014
Bryan, Texas
“Original C & J BBQ”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

A very good BBQ joint. The food is good, the service is fast, and the prices are reasonable. The sides are really good, especially the poppy seed coleslaw and the fried okra.

Visited January 2014
“Best ever”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

A few years ago I was working in the area and one of the locAls took me there for lunch. After that it became a weekly thing. Sad thing is I now live in SC and wish I could get my hands on CJs because all the BBQ here is horrible!!!! Love cjs.

• Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Favorite”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We ate here right before we left town, I could have ate here every meal if I could have. It was excellent, you have to try the brisket, it does not need sauce a great smoky flavor. I also tried the jalapeño sausage which was also good. I liked their sides, the mashed potatoes and mac and cheese were my favorite. Also had good sweet tea

Visited October 2013