“Its....alright...”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
San Antonio, TX
“Its....alright...”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had the lamb shish kabob with rice. I thought lamb would be a nice change. It tasted gamey, but maybe lamb normally tastes that way? I don't know, I think I've had lamb a handful of times in my life.

My rating isn't for the gamey taste, but rather because the dish was mostly rice, and cilantro. Onion, tomato, and bell pepper was in there, but it was pretty thin on that, as well as thin on the meat. I guess if you're a Bedouin, it'd be a feast, but for $10+ I basically just stuffed myself with a lot of expansive rice and some flatbread.

I'll probably go back, but try a different dish. I liked the fountain inside.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Gideon_Krasmanic

“Arabic lunch”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I enjoy eating this type of food. It's really good. Ive heard so much about the lamb but didn't try this time. Next time for sure

Visited May 2013
Texas
“Great lamb!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place is a classic, down to the poster of Persepolis by the main door. We eat there whenever we go to visit our two daughters at TAMU - it is their favorite place to eat and visit. Select your food choices from a large color picture menu on the wall and see what it looks like before it gets cooked in the meat chiller with glass window. The bread is HUGE. Prices are reasonable and service is good. My wife tells me that we do not leave College Station until we have had at least one meal at Shiraz. If all the restaurants in Iran are as good as Shiraz, we definitely don't want to bomb them - we want to visit them!

• Visited April 2013
College Station, Texas
“If you like Middle-Eastern food, go here!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Everything is delicious. Everything is cooked to perfection. A lot of my parents' friends were from the Middle East and we ate at their houses frequently. I loved the food. Eating here transported me back to my childhood. Try it - you'll be amazed at how good food can taste.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Terry B
San Antonio
“Secret jewel in College Station”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Like most A&M parents, we frequent all the typical chain restaurants in College Station -- Fish Daddy's, BJ's, Cheddar's, Texas Roadhouse, etc. -- to get our fill of American-style food. This past weekend, we were thrilled to discover a wonderful alternative that offers delicious Mediterranean cuisine. Shiraz Shish Kabob, located just a block away from the intersection of Texas and George Bush across from Whataburger, features great beef, chicken, and lamb shish kabobs that are both juicy and tender. Our daughter dined on beef gyros and also enjoyed her meal. The meals are accompanied by naan-like bread and a fragrant rice that can be topped upon request with Persian barberries, which are similar to dried cranberries. We also enjoyed an appetizer of Baba Gannouj for just $2. The atmosphere is not fancy; meals are served on disposable plates, and you order at the counter and pick up your food when they call your number. However, the reasonable prices, friendly service, and quality of cuisine more than make up for the simple surroundings. Best of all, on an incredibly busy Parent's Weekend, there were still a couple of available tables when we arrived for dinner at 6 p.m. We will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013