“BJ's leaves you satisfied”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #24 of 293 Restaurants in College Station
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our party of 10 stopped in at BJ's for dinner after a trip to the mall. The menu is extensive....actually too large...it takes forever to look at everything on it and decide what you want. There are many kinds of different kinds of beer and drinks as well. Our server was friendly and efficient, and handled the crowd like an expert zookeeper. It took a while to get our appetizers, but they were hot, cooked perfectly, well seasoned, and the portions were large. The calamari and boneless wings were particularly delicious. Our meals were the same....especially the massive burgers, which got rave reviews from the participants. The pizza was fairly good, but not spectacular. The noise level in the bar area was manageable, and our group was reasonably subdued due to the ingestion of copious quantities and various types of pub fare and spirits. One of the more experienced eaters, who possesses an appetite like Bigfoot, and some would say bears more than a passing resemblance, pronounced the baked-and-served-in-a-pan white chocolate/macadamia nut cookie one of the best desserts he's ever had. No complaints from any of the group, and a good time had by all, means BJ's serves up pub and grub very well.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I went in for a blonde and came out with a redhead! LOL. The blonde beer is very good. I just went there to watch a game and drink a beer. The server was very polite.

1  Thank kuwells
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I just wrnt there to sit at the bar and enjoy a beer and a game. The blonde was fantastic and the young lady workung behind the bar was very nice.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The folks here are very friendly and cordial. Our waitress must have filled my tea glass at least four times! She also introduced me to a "Premier Rewards" card which will Pizookie in no time. Not the cheapest restaurant in town, but definitely a good value.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My son had been wanting to go so I took he and his roommates(6 people total). We went on a Saturday night, it was crowded and said 45 minute wait. After only 20 minutes we were seated AND they brought little pizza slices to sample to the waiting area to try, very nice touch. Everyone was brought their tea/cokes right away but I ordered a beer, it didn't come. Waiter said "I'll go check on it", so I waited, and waited. Boys were ready for refills and I still had no beer. He brought more water and tea and I said "I need my beer", and he finally went and got it. It was a Brewhouse Blonde and very good once I got it. We then ordered, and our food came in about 15 minutes which was timely. We ordered pizzas, pasta and a bbq sandwich (and salads). The salads were very ordinary, the caesar dressing not very good. The pizzas, which they are "famous" for were okay, but skimpy on toppings and not a whole lot of flavor. The pastas were good and the BBQ sandwich friend said was excellent. THEN dessert, oh boy. The boys couldn't wait for this Pizookie that had been told about. My wife, me and my daughter ordered a pizookie "trio" to share. 3 small pizookies of different flavors. The boys discussed getting a pizookie each but said to waiter "no, we want the really big one and we'll just share it". We had been told about this huge, pizza sized cookie and ice-cream. The trio came, and we ate it and then realized they weren't the 3 flavors we ordered (2 were) but oh well, it was pretty good. As we finished, they brought this ONE small chocolate chip pizookie?? I said "that's not what we ordered, we ordered a big one". The bus-boy/waiter? said "oh, well I don't know I'm not your waiter".I said well take it back and tell our waiter we ordered the big one. 15 minutes later, no waiter, no cookie and I flagged him down. By then they had cleared our table of dishes and he said "oh you didn't your order?". I said no. in 5 minutes, the manager brings out another trio and another regular cookie??? (the right flavors this time by the way) and says we are sorry for the mess up of you not getting your trio. I said we got our trio, we never got the big pizookie. He said he was told we ordered a trip and a normal pizookie and didn't get them. I explained, no we ordered the BIG cookie and never got it. He was very nice, and explained it would take awhile to make a big one but he would, and not charge us. But now we have been there 2 hours and are full so he said let me bring these boys each a regular cookie and I won't charge for it or your trio. So we did that, and they were good but it had been a circus. The manager did a good job of making it right and understanding but the service staff were lacking or didn't care, don't know which. Even without paying for the cookies, the bill was $150 which is overprice for what we got. Cheddars or TGI Fridays is just as good for much less money. The manager tried to save the day but we probably won't go back unless it's to sit at the bar and watch sports and drink their very good micro-brew beers.