“Good Experience Overall”
Review of Grub Burger Bar

Grub Burger Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Grub Burger Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We're passionate about great food, great drinks and great hospitality. We believe in fresh ingredients and big flavours, delivered by caring, friendly people. And we know that a lively environment makes it all feel and taste better. At Grub we use quality, fresh, and differentiating ingredients. Our buns are baked from scratch every hour. We grind our signature blend of chuck and brisket in-house daily. All of our sauces and dressings are homemade. We are proud to source local when possible. We believe in the space between... when you're not so busy DOING that you have time for laughing out loud, small moments, and big dreams. So be yourself and enjoy the ride.
Pearland
“Good Experience Overall”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I liked the basic burger but somewhere there was a flavor that I was unfamiliar with. I think it was in the bun but it could have been in the mustard which I told them to omit but got anyway. I did not detest the flavor but I would have been happier without it. The meat was very good and cooked medium. There were numerious specialty burgers but I didn't feel like examining the whole menu as they were ready to take my order.

The fries were hand cut and excellent.

Next time I'm in College Station I'll give them another try.

• Visited November 2012

College Station, Texas
“Great Burger and good price”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I have always been a fan of a good burger. This place produces and excelent burger at a reasonable price. My favorite burger is "your my boy blue" it is a fresh cooked perfectly burger with caramalized onions and arugula lettuce on a homemade bun. I like the regular fries where my wife prefers the sweet potatoe fries. They are both good. I have taken many people here and they all agree that for around $11 you get a great burger and fries. I highly recomend this to anyone visiting College Station.

• Visited October 2012
Houston, Texas
“Must go for great burger and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Great burgers. Quick service. Fun atmosphere. It's worth a lunch or casual dinner. They have daily specials that looked great. My only miss was I didn't ask for medium rare, and I would have preferred my burger a little more pink inside. So make sure and ask.

Houston
“MUST EAT!!!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Grub is amazing! I'm a local and hate chain food! This place is unbelievable and everything is made the day of... Including the buns( which are amazing and unique!). Every single thing there has been give attention to detail and I'm so obsessed! It's a new fav of all us students! Shakes are to die for and try the sweet potatoe fries! I can't recommend a burger because they are all amazing! Gourmet burgers in cstat;)!

Texas
“Really good sweet potato fries and delicious burgers”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My group of friends tried Grub last night for the first time. I had been hearing all about their alcoholic milkshakes and a friend really wanted a burger so we made the trip. The three of us ordered the following: the Voodoo Burger, the Texas Luau, and My Boy Blue. I was unable to same the blue cheese one because I'm allergic to an ingredient but the Voodoo Burger and Texas Luau were absolutely delicious. Voodoo had a nice flavor with loads of mushrooms. The Luau had a great mix of spicy and hot. I got sweet potato fries with mine and they were the best I've ever had in B/CS or anywhere. They were far better, even, then the regular fries.

There was a good selection of beers, including craft beers, and other drinks. Because I'd been hearing so much about the milkshakes I got the bourbon and caramel milkshake and it was absolutely delicious. It tasted a bit like a tipsy or drunken cake made with bourbon: sweet mixed with alcohol and creamy milkshake. Yum! Another person in our group got the Tipsy Pineapple, which was also delicious.

Prices were slightly higher than elsewhere. Burgers were about $7-8 each. Fries or side salads cost an addition couple of dollars. Alcoholic shakes are $6-7, non-alcoholic ones are priced up to $4, and craft beers are around $3-4. There were also sodas and tea for non-drinkers. Vegetarian options are available, as is shaded outdoor seating.

Decor is casual and the theme is a bit confusing at first. The sign at the door telling you which way to go for the bar vs food is confusing for first-timers. Go to the left to sit at the bar or go to the right to order food at the front, which will be brought to your table. It got a bit loud while we were there. The clientele is a mix of the population of a college town.

We'll be back.