“Disappointing”

Howard Johnson Express College Station
Ranked #38 of 38 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed July 11, 2014

This location should not be part of the Wyndham chain. It was clean but just adequate. It was expensive for what you got and quality was on the level of smaller budget motels. Since I needed a room and there was not much available, we booked the room thinking that the chain's name brand would assure a certain level of quality - we were disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 4, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The assistant manager, Sheila, is the rudest person I’ve ever encountered and has no business in customer service.

I’m in the military and had to cancel a trip to College Station because of work obligations. I was unable to get in touch with anyone at the hotel the day before, so I contacted the national office the morning of my planned stay.

Despite the national office calling on my behalf and explaining the situation, Sheila refused to cancel my reservation and insisted I was going to be charged for that night. The customer service representative at the national office was so appalled by Sheila’s attitude, she actually told me to call my credit card company and dispute the charge.

I tried calling the hotel directly to resolve the issue and assure Sheila that I visit College Station regularly and would likely stay there in the future, but she told me she didn’t care if I ever did business with them again. When I asked to speak to a manager, she said it wouldn’t matter if I did because she makes the decisions anyway.

I don’t know how this hotel continues to operate with this kind of customer service. Avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The room had a slightly bad smell to it. The curtains did not completely block the view in the window.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KyleMC68
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Booked a room here when, literally, nothing else was available- we were in for a NSC for TAMU.. I was very skeptical because of other reviews. The motel in general, I feel,is a bit run down but I do have to say that the room was clean, bathroom was clean & beds were all right, too. There were some things that were a bit dated but everything did work. One night here was fine, it gave us a clean, decent place to sleep, shower and get on with the day ahead of us. Price was not unreasonable for last minute booking, it all worked in a pinch.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The manager was arguing with a girl around 19 who was trying to purchase a hotel room and then proceeded to complain to me about the girl and was hanging up on her mom. She should definetly not be a manger if she does not have people skills. I was very offended

• Stayed: June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these College Station hotels
Comfort Suites Texas Ave.
Comfort Suites Texas Ave.
#22 of 38 in College Station
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham College Station
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Colle...
#6 of 38 in College Station
Courtyard Bryan College Station
Courtyard Bryan College Station
#19 of 38 in College Station
La Quinta Inn & Suites College Station South
La Quinta Inn & Suites College S...
#5 of 38 in College Station
Hampton Inn & Suites College Station / US 6-East Bypass
Hampton Inn & Suites College Sta...
#12 of 38 in College Station
4 mi away
Comfort Suites University Drive
Comfort Suites University Drive
#25 of 38 in College Station

Been to Howard Johnson Express College Station? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Express College Station

Address: 3702 State Highway 6 S, College Station, TX 77845-5808
Location: United States > Texas > College Station
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #38 of 38 Hotels in College Station
Price Range: $58 - $76 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Express College Station 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Howard Johnson Express College Station reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express College Station Hotel College Station