“bathroom”

Howard Johnson Express College Station
Ranked #37 of 37 Hotels in College Station
Reviewed October 25, 2012

need to take big bugs out of the light cover in the bathrooms and the refrigerator would not open because it was to close to the floor. i wish it would of had a luggage holde to hold my luggage. i also wished we had a better room closer to the main building since i did reserve this room close to a year ago and not have it way in the back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 23, 2012

They're trying to bring back an old property, they just need to try a little harder. It does have potential, but unfortunately they have a created a vacuum at the front desk. I showed my printed confirmation to the clerk at check in and her response was,"Well your're not in teh computer." After a match of "Look right here!" I said to "Your're not in my computer!",she said. She calls to a manager. Thankfully they had rooms, so the match ended in a dead heat. Not much better at check out.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
hjexpress, Manager at Howard Johnson Express College Station, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for providing us feedback on your two night stay. We try our very best to make sure our guest have a clean room and great service. Our desk clerk tried pulling up your confirmation # and unfortunately we couldn't find it at first, but we made sure you we got a room with the rate that you were given. It is one of our procedures that our desk needs to make sure that your needs are met. I want to thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is very close to the house of friends of mine and it was priced rather low, so I didn't think too much about booking it.

Reviews about this hotel are mixed, but I had nothing to complain about. I stayed in the building which is separated from the lobby by the parking lot.

The room was clean, reasonably sized and equipped adequately considering the star level. The internet connection was fine and breakfast was basic but again adequate for the star level of the hotel.

I would certainly return again if the price is right.

Room Tip: The rooms farther away from the highway will certainly be less noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jcsjcs
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This hotel is not one I would recommend at less you dont have any other options.
The room was dirty, the bed was awful, the bathroom was dirty, and the service was even worse than the room.
I switched over to Motel 6 two miles down the road. Motel 6 was almost twenty dollars cheaper and was clean and remodeled. I would recommend staying there if you are able.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed by myself for 2 nights during the week and felt safe. The room was very nice w/ a fridge. Breakfast was a little lacking in options (that i wanted), but can't go wrong with eggs, toast, and coffee!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was quoted one price and then we arrived it was one price for Fri. and $30 higher on Sat. There was a dirty wash rag in the bathroom floor. When I called office they sent head housekeeper to our room who told me that was not there wash rag. I told them I didnt care who the dirty wash rag belonged to it should not have been in the floor. She got loud and my husband asked her to leave. They came to clean on Sat and when they left they left the curtain open and all of our things were visible for anyone that walked by. The business started operating their fork lefts at 7 am making it impossible to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

"Wifi free" but not working. I informed front desk about the internet problem, front desk promptly came to my room and verified the connection which was true not even her Laptop can connect. Technician was informed and they told me that they have to reset the router so they did, called me again and asked if it is working I told them "No". Issue was to be resolve the next day so I tried the next day same thing Wifi connection was not working.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business