“Excellent home base in College Station”

Vineyard Court Designer Suites Hotel
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in College Station
Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania
“Excellent home base in College Station”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Vineyard Court. We were here while Texas A & M was on break--so I think only about 1/2 dozen of the rooms were occupied, but, given the small size of the hotel, I'm sure it would be fine even when filled to capacity. The rooms surround a beautifully landscaped courtyard--a welcome oasis from the rather dry and dusty community outside. The pool was small, but clean. Our two-room suite, while admittedly cozy, was just what my husband and I needed. We had a working kitchen, with full-size frig, microwave, dishwasher, and two burner stove. In the same room was a sitting area with a couch, breakfast bar, and tv. The bedroom was snug, but the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was nicely appointed. Breakfast, which could be eaten in the breakfast room or in the courtyard, was sparse, but perhaps that was because there were so few of us in residence. We supplemented it with some food we kept in our suite. The hotel is close to some shopping and some restaurants. In cooler weather you could certainly walk to the university. We were doing research at the Bush Library, which was only a short drive away. I would absolutely stay in this hotel again if I returned to College Station. One note: the desk is not staffed 24 hours--if you need anything, be sure to check early in the evening.

Room Tip: We liked our second floor room--but beware that there is no elevator.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Libtrav

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Oh a very very nice hotel. We did use come to College Station an awful lot to visit my brother, but we came in the morning and left at night! For his recent graduation we thought of finding a hotel to stay at so we could prepare for his big day.
At first it looked to be in a rather odd location, but once you go in is great. Check-in was simple and fast. We found our room which was very clean and comfortable. The courtyard was simply beautiful, and the pool excellent. Sadly, it was closed during the night! oh it was so tempting to jump over the fence, it was such a great pool.
I'm not one that has trouble going to sleep, but the beds were a bit rough, really hard and uncomfortable. It did have many pillows tho. We were in a hurry in the morning so we went to breakfast at the time it was supposed to open, but the lobby was locked shut with no one there. We all came an hour later and ate a perfect breakfast, not too much variety but nothing to protest about. Check-out simple and fast as well.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank FelipeQO
Highland Village, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The rooms can be compared to small apartments and they are very nice and clean. The courtyard area and the pool are beautiful and very inviting. The breadfast is light, but you are told and know to expect that. A very nice place to stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Olivia089
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I was visiting my son at Texas A&M and was so surprised at how nice this little hotel is. Not much to look at from the outside, but the rooms are really charming, with very non-hotel like furniture. You feel like you are staying a friends very cute, but small apartment. I didn't get a chance to take advantage of the courtyard, (it was January) but it looked very nice.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank DarcyMonroe
Missouri
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Clean, quiet, rooms. Beautiful courtyard. Good breakfast. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed for one night at Vineyard Court while taking my son to A&M. The hotel rooms surround a central courtyard that has a trellised patio, small fountains, greenery, benches, etc. It is not fancy, but is very pleasing and personal. I wish I had taken my bible with me because my first thought was how nice it would be to do my bible study outside in the morning. My suite included a TV room with kitchen area, including a full-sized refrigerator, stove, dishes, dishwasher, coffee pot, etc. You could have easily cooked a simple meal--if there is anyone who still does that! The bed was very comfortable with many pillows. The room was very quiet. The bathroom was large and unique, not a traditional "holiday-inn" style. I don't think there was a hairdryer, but I brought one of my own. There was one computer in the lobby area that guest could use, but it is in full view of everyone who might walk by. Check in-out was a breeze. Free coffee and bagels, muffins, etc in the lobby area in the morning.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank TeenTripTexas
Connecticut
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Entering the hotel driveway, I feared that I had made a mistake. WIth the rear of a shopping center on one side, and an all but vacant strip mall (save for the food mart and tattoo parlor) on the other, the Vineyard Court looked a bit forlorn. Inside, however, it was a very different story. The Vineyard Court appears to be one of the last, two-story courtyard motels, elegantly laid out, with rooms all facing inward toward tasteful landscaping, nice seating areas, and pool. (My photo, taken in poor light, doesn't do it justice; the courtyard is quite spectacular.)

My suite contained mismatched but functional furniture, plush bedding, and a kitchenette. Strong wifi was also a plus. The free continental breakfast could use more fresh fruit but really nothing to complain about. From the Vineyard, one can easily walk to the heart of campus -- it's roughly one mile along George Bush Drive, past the golf course -- if so inclined.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business