“Tower Point lunch spot”

Kamei Sushi and Grill
Ranked #57 of 295 Restaurants in College Station
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Kamei Sushi and Grill is a reasonably priced, good quality japanese food spot. The miso soup was excellent. Salad had a unique dressing. There were several protein choices for their bento boxes. I've had the rolls before and they are well prepared. In-between semesters, it can be a little light on wait staff, but the sushi chef is top-notch.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This place just gets better and better. The selection for nigiri sushi is amazing considering it's located in the Brazos Valley. On a recent trip, I was surprised to see Uni (sea urchin eggs) and Chef Traci worked her magical skills into creating a grand Uni sushi. It was extremely fresh and as good as I have had on the West Coast or New York City. The selection f seafood is very good. For the BEST nigiri sushi in the Brazos Valley, this place cannot be beat. The maki rolls are very good as well but the nigiri and sashimi reins supreme! If you are really into sushi, meaning nigiri, then this is the only place to go in the Bryan/College Station area. The staff is friendly and very helpful.

1  Thank JMiculka
Reviewed February 5, 2014

It is hard to stumble upon this place, but a friend brought us there and we all thought it was excellent. I would definitely go back next time I am in College Station. Everything was spicy so if you don't like it spicy make sure you ask the server about your options.

1  Thank Gl4027b
Reviewed February 1, 2014

It took 15-20 mins for a waitress to come by the table and ask us what we would like to drink. We ordered drinks and food at the same time so we would not have to wait again. another 10 mins and we got our drinks and waters finally. a very long time later we got 2/3 of our food then we had to wait other 10 mins for the last roll to show up at the table. The most furstrating thing was the fact that our bill set on our table for 20 mins after we put our credit card in it. The waitress would just keep walking by our table. We needed to go. Finally I grabbed a different waitress and she took care of it for us after doing a few other things. what should have been a nice quick dinner took forever. Again the food was good easily the best sushi in town

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm so glad we tried Kamei! I enjoyed the fresh and fun atmosphere. Our server was friendly and helpful. The ginger dressing on my salad was awesome. I had the dragon roll, which was incredibly fresh and flavorful. My husband had the A&M roll, which was good, but too spicy for me. We shared some smoked salmon sashimi and really loved it. Would definitely love to go back.

2  Thank TXBelle915