“Its a company run Motel 6”

Motel 6 College Station - Bryan
Ranked #26 of 36 Hotels in College Station
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
“Its a company run Motel 6”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

As you turn in to the property and then enter reception, you just know its a company run motel and not run by an independant manager. Everything looks a little tired.
The 'Duty Manager' is usually defensive, if you complain about anything - "its our last room" - Motel 6 is so variable, property to property.
To be asked to pay for Wi-Fi these days is ridiculous and very annoying. Travelling from the United Kingdom we find it strange that when its a "No Smoking" room - why on earth do previous guests smoke in the room ? This room - 254- was stinking of tobacco smoke - horrible inconsiderate people.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Much better than what I expected. Very clean and simple.

One problem were the beds.. After a few minutes felt like we were laying on wires covered by paper. Not good!!!

So.. Very clean, but very uncomfortable beds!!

And you have to pay $2.99 for wifi!!!!

This was last minute booking for the football game.. So we were just happy to find a room!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lori L
rowlett
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Not bad for price and location. Room clean. During events hotels around CS jack prices up and require 2 night stay. This one still allows for one night reservation. Not really a hundred dollar a night hotel but one of the least expensive at the time.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank g b
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I had stayed at the Motel 6 in Tyler the night before I stayed here and I was pleasantly surprised by comparison. I had no problems, basically with the location in Tyler, but College Station was a bit better, since this motel was newer, and bigger, and was comparable to motels that charge $75 a night, but I paid only $55, so I felt that I got good value. It's on the main avenue that goes past Texas A and M University, and there are several shopping centers and restaurants nearby. You need to follow the directions to get to it, though, since the freeway past College Station and Bryan is how most people arrive in town, and you need to know which exit to get off in order to find the motel. If you choose to go up the main avenue instead of the Route 6 Freeway, you will find you are dealing with a lot of lights and traffic in order to reach the motel, so my advice is to stay on the freeway, take the right exit, and you will easily get to the motel. The room was nice, a bit better than other motel 6 properties. The only other thing I can say is that this motel is a popular choice since it seemed to be filled to capacity. Overall I'm glad I stayed here, since the location is fairly good, the neighborhood was good, and it gave me good value for my money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank TallTexWally
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Last time I stayed at the Motel 6 in College Station, I was pleasantly surprised by both the service and the accommodations. This time around, I was sorely disappointed. The bathroom was the major source of my discontent: the shower sprayed water EVERYWHERE, there was mold on the walls and I found a giant cockroach. I can deal with those types of things separately, but when you put them all together, it just makes for a terrible experience. On the plus side, the water pressure was top notch. And though the front desk clerk was a bit unhelpful when we requested a $50 credit, she eventually came through. I just feel that if you're going to charge $100+ a night for a room, you better provide some sort of wow experience even if you are a Motel 6! My sister-in-law has since graduated A&M, so we likely won't have a reason to return to College Station anytime soon. For that, I'm pretty thankful.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thatluvelywife
south
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Have stayed at Motel 6s in the past with reasonably positive experiences considering the price paid. Have usually found the rooms minimal but clean and the service acceptable - i.e you get a clean room to sleep in.

The college Station Motel 6 seems to be an exception however. Although the desk service was cheerful/efficient, the room itself was extraordinarily noisy. Toilet was leaking water all night and the air conditioner was exremely noisy and had to be shut off. Strange, cyclic mechanical noise throughout the night.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
North Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2011

This motel is definitely a cheap one. If you are only looking for a place to put your things and crash-not get a good nights sleep-then this is the place!

My husband & I came to College Station for a wedding. Apparently there was another event going on the same weekend, and this motel was the only place available. I did some research online & decided to book for 2 nights. The man I talked to on the phone didn't require a credit card, so that was a plus. There is supposedly a restaurant with the motel, but I didn't see one!

We checked in, and walked in our room only to find the beds completely pushed up against the walls! One bed was literally 2 INCHES from the a/c unit (which you know is directly under the window) and the second bed was pushed up against the wall. The microwave didn't look like it belonged to the motel, the bath tub held about 3 inches of water whenever we ran the shower. Speaking of which, the shower head pushes out the water extremely hard, I would not recommend a pregnant woman to use the shower! We only got 1 wash rag, and it had long black hair tangled in it. For the record, I am a light brown/blonde, and my husband doesn't have long hair!

The beds were hard as rock, pillows were flat, and blankets were thin. There was a lot of noise outside, including people talking, stomping around, and some type of machines running early in the morning...think like a welding machine or power washer.
I've had my fair share of lousy motels from past trips, but this one was pretty bad. I will never stay in a Motel 6 again! The only upside to this motel was that it is right down the street from shops and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple