“Great sushi!”

Azure Fusion Bistro & Sake
Ranked #133 of 280 Restaurants in College Station
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place. Great sushi...pricing was comparable to other sushi bars. I had the calamari, it was amazing! Great flavors and cooked just right. The sushi was well made. Sushi chef was personable and very friendly. I also ordered sea urchin (uni) and octopus, which also were both good. Finished off the meal with baked Alaska. Overall, great meal!

1  Thank Wrangler_fun
There are newer reviews for Azure Fusion Bistro & Sake

Reviewed June 19, 2013

The sushi there is just amazing. More people should know about this place since every time I go it is practically empty. Service on the other hand needs much improvement since I have only seen one waitress (average waitress and hard to understand) every time I go eat.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have been to Azure a couple of times. They have good sushi and rolls in my opinion. The Ahi Tower is amazing. It's a tower of rice, avocado, and crab, topped with Ahi. It is very fresh and the taste combination is fantastic. My husband had a seafood soup which he loved. I had the soy glazed short ribs which are thinly sliced with steamed riced and a wasabi cole slaw. It was good but I was expecting something a bit more for $13 and this was one of the cheapest dishes. It looks like everything is freshly made, so even if it's a bit pricey, it's worth visiting once in a while. We live in a college town so this is a good restaurant to go when you don't want to be in a place bombarded with loud college students.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This restaurant offers a large variety of sushi and other japanese dishes. What I like about it is that you can go for very traditional sashimi to more elaborated sushi. The service was good and the food amazing. I would definitely recommend this restaurants to my friends. Although, the restaurant is small, It is a nice exotic escape in College Station.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The only reason this isn't a "poor" review is that my spouse had some truly delicious duck. But at $22, it had better be.

I really wanted to like Azure. The decor is very nice and the staff has always been nice...to my husband. They've generally ignored me, no matter how friendly I have been.

The sushi is the same quality you'll find at the Kroger across the highway, but will cost several times more. This isn't a one-time bad experience kind of thing. We've eaten there 5 times now. Each time the cooked entrees are pretty good, but the sushi is poor quality. All of it with fine dining prices.

If you want fine dining go to Madden's, Christopher's or The Republic and literally spend $2 more for the same entree served with fine dining excellence. If you want sushi go to 40 Tempura or Atami. If you want supermarket quality sushi go to Kroger or HEB and save your money.