“Get your java, reconnect with your life”

Sweet Eugene's House of Java
College Station TX
“Get your java, reconnect with your life”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Understand up front that in a university town, Sweet Eugene's ("Sweet's," as many call it) is going to be full of students, almost any time you go there. But the ambiance and the space at Sweet's is big enough to handle that, plus give you room to reflect, work, veg, or do whatever else you do over coffee (or chai, or tea, or hot chocolate...) I love it that they serve Fair Trade Coffee, and I love the laid-back, friendly atmosphere cultivated by the staff. Wifi can be a little slow at peak hours, but it's all good.

• Visited September 2013

Seattle, Washington
“A great college coffee shop”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is one of the best coffee shops that I have been to in a long time and I don't just do Starbucks. Great coffee, sandwiches, breakfast, you name it. This place is packed and has free Wifi and a great vibe. We went twice in the couple of days we were there...

Visited January 2013
TX
“Perfect little coffee house”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Yes they serve coffee and donuts... but it is the crepes that we love. My fav: Great Eggspectations with spinach and tomatoes. Add ham and my daughter loves it too. It does get crowded during the fall and spring semesters - especially during finals. But I had a standing Saturday morning coffee date with a friend and we always found a nice table. My kids love it too. The donuts are also better than some other donut places in town.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank mtg13
College Station, Texas
“Great meeting place”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Great place for a business meeting, a long visit with a friend, or to go alone and study or read that great novel you're into.

The atmosphere is very cozy and gives you the feeling they want you to relax and stay a while.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Kelley D
Amarillo, Texas
“WOWED!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our morning in this excellent epitome of a college coffee house! The staff was young and nice, the food was sooooo good, as a matter of fact had I had room in my belly I would have tried every one of their crepe's. The coffee was perfect and we even picked up a couple souvenirs. If only we could get that great College Station atmosphere everywhere...

Visited January 2012